Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I have an unusual bra size on account of being petite :lol: I have a small band size (28) which most stores don't carry, as well as being a DD.

Ladies, where's a good place to buy bras in this size? I usually tend to go to Bravissimo, but they're about £30 for one bra, which I can afford but it's still on the pricey side TBH

Is Boux Avenue any good? There's one nearby

(Original post by Morrisseya)
    So I have an unusual bra size on account of being petite :lol: I have a small band size (28) which most stores don't carry, as well as being a DD.

Ladies, where's a good place to buy bras in this size? I usually tend to go to Bravissimo, but they're about £30 for one bra, which I can afford but it's still on the pricey side TBH

I'm no lady, mind me. Have you considered getting your bras custom made? I'd definitely recommend M&S as they do have a selection range, bravissimo is probably your best bet though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    I'm no lady, mind me. Have you considered getting your bras custom made? I'd definitely recommend M&S as they do have a selection range, bravissimo is probably your best bet though.
    Thanks Where can you get them custom made? I might do that if it's cheaper.

I've heard M & S are bad for bras as they always tend to wear out (found it to be true as well, and I'm not sure if even they go below a 30 or 32). Yep, Bravissimo is good, but leaves me spending £100s on bras which I'd rather not do haha. Maybe I should just make more ££ instead

Thanks Where can you get them custom made? I might do that if it's cheaper.

I've heard M & S are bad for bras as they always tend to wear out (found it to be true as well, and I'm not sure if even they go below a 30 or 32). Yep, Bravissimo is good, but leaves me spending £100s on bras which I'd rather not do haha. Maybe I should just make more ££ instead
    If you're looking for cheap budget custom bras then you'd probably have to search on Ebay, most tailors charge quite a lot. You can try "Rigby and Peller" though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    If you're looking for cheap budget custom bras then you'd probably have to search on Ebay, most tailors charge quite a lot. You can try "Rigby and Peller" though.
    Thanks, I'll give them a try

ReputationRep:
    I guess Essexers know a lot about bras whatever their genders.

ReputationRep:
    I work for a lingerie shop and a 28DD can be a 30D. They're called sister sizes, if you check boux avenue site it tells you about it. Try one on and see how you like it. Plus it'll be much easier to find a bra in this size

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

do you have a boyfriend, by any chance? :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RC5496)
    I work for a lingerie shop and a 28DD can be a 30D. They're called sister sizes, if you check boux avenue site it tells you about it. Try one on and see how you like it. Plus it'll be much easier to find a bra in this size
    Thanks Won't they have a different band/cup size, though, so sit slightly differently?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you know where on the boux avenue site to look? I'm also an awkward size and hate buying really expensive ones from M & S

ReputationRep:
    I share your pain. I tend to wear a 30H and have to do all my shopping online. The main issue is the ****ing ridiculous prices -- £30-40 per bra?? Nooo thank you.

Personally, I would recommend Debenhams. I recently managed to get 3 bras from their online store at £6-7 each (!!!!); I just checked and it seems they're still selling them for as low as £8.50. Some ebay stores have decent deals too, if you search for a specific brand (I tend to go Freya).

Hope this helps.

edit: also, i found what the other person said about 'sister sizes' is true. If you go down 1 back size, go up 1 cup size to compensate. I don't really notice any difference between wearing a 30H and a 32GG.

ReputationRep:
    The main brand I would look at is Freya, they do some really nice bras and matching sets. I know Debenhams and JoHn Lewis both stock it.

http://www.freyalingerie.com/lingerie/latest-collections.aspx

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/

http://www.johnlewis.com/women/linge...26/pg-view-all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    Do you know where on the boux avenue site to look? I'm also an awkward size and hate buying really expensive ones from M & S
    If you google "boux avenue sister sizes" the first link is boux avenue 'word press' page all about lady. It has a description and a tableName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1417903466.806086.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  22.6 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you google "boux avenue sister sizes" the first link is boux avenue 'word press' page all about lady. It has a description and a tableName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1417903466.806086.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  22.6 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much
    That blog was pretty helpful but my size wasn't on the chart. I found a different chart but I wouldn't say I agree with it (on me)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    Thank you so much
    That blog was pretty helpful but my size wasn't on the chart. I found a different chart but I wouldn't say I agree with it (on me)
    No problem, just try a few on or ask one of the girls in the shop. That's what they're there for. Hopefully you find a more common size that suits. Couldn't imagine having to pay the ridiculous prices for uncommon sizes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.