Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yep, my trip for 2 weeks' time is costing me nearly £200 Lucky he's worth it eh?!

it will cost me £7 to travel by train to where he lives lol bit of a difference, shame he doesn't drive but i think it wud cost more in petrol money

ReputationRep:
    You lucky moo.

lol well nothing has happened yet. i hate being single so much, it's depressin thn again being in a relationship can be depressin too lol

I really like a guy(like u) he lives 52miles from me i will go down and see him when i pass, friday night he pushed it he told me he loved him, i said he txted wrong person but said it was for me, then told me to forget about it
    i have strong feelings for him and i trust him more then i've trusted any of the my ex's he knows alot about me visa versa

anyway sorry for posting this on your thread

goodluck and go for it

even though we hvnt met this guy seems to be so much nicer than my ex.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    even though we hvnt met this guy seems to be so much nicer than my ex.
    Yea same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i have done it before and so has he but i don't know how it went. He's been on web cam so i know he isnt some pervert lol and he has seen me on web cam as well. I should take a friend with me for safety and so should he i guess there's no harm in that i'm just scared that he might like my friend more than me sounds stupid i know but i get paranoid about things like that
    Take a male friend? Or a girl who has a long-term boyfriend? Or a lesbian?
    I'm not being sarky, I just mean that if you know that your friend wouldn't be interested in the guy, then it should give you a bitmore confidence, and its really important to have someone with you, for safetys sake.

lol i didnt last time and we went to the worst of places as strangers, the cinema lol

ReputationRep:
    My flying to Paris was probably my most risky venture - all the other times I've met people off the internet, we all met as a group so I didn't consider it very high-risk.

Although I suppose they all could have been in cahoots :p:

Seriously though, do be careful.

Don't take a mate in a 'this is my friend' type way as it'll be really awkward for you all and nobody will be able to relax. Meet in, say, a coffee shop, and have your friend sitting over on the other side of the shop where they can see you. Then you can text her if you want to get out of the situation and he/she will know to help you.

i don't think he's going to meet me now

BTW this isn't the op off the "I love him thread" :p:

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to meet him, meet him in a public place, because if he's anything like me, he'll be looking to get you somewhere private on your own so he can behead you and harvest your organs.

Play it safe and stay in a public place.

ReputationRep:
    meeting someone from the net worked for me BUT I had been talking to him for 5 years!

it worked for me too, it was the best decision i hv made this yr lol. but it might not be the same this time, i feel nervous about the fact he might not like me wen he sees me face to face and my biggest fear is that he will just run.

how can i build his confidence up to encourage him to meet me?

ReputationRep:
    Re: the who to take with you thing, take 2 friends, that way you have people there in case he's pyscho (i know hes not but safety first and all that) that way if you get on you and him can talk and it wont be the whole threes a crowd situation as your two mates can chat to each other and give you guys space to talk

thats a good plan thx

ReputationRep:
    Good luck. Maybe register with your organ donor, just incase?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.