Job Prospect LLB @ Queen Mary Watch

zeeko_1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am planning to apply to QM for LLB and expecting a positive response from them. However, I am a little worried as I will be an international student in London, and I have heard that it is tough getting a TC after the LLB.

I really want to work in London after I complete my LLB. Queen Mary has been growing and is currently regarded as the Best Law School in London (as per the Guardian Ranking). However, I am not sure if doing LLB from QM can get me a job!

Need some advice. Thanks in advance!
Exceptional
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Okay, well going by rankings (particularly the Guardian) is ridiculous. QM has a strong Law School, but not the best in London.

Securing a TC is difficult at any university to be frank. If by London you mean MC/SC firms then it's going to be very difficult, but not impossible. I'd say more QM grads end up at West End firms than those mentioned but it depends on you.

In short yes, there's potential for a job at a top firm with QM on your CV - but you need to get involved and be exceptional (pardon the pun).
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zeeko_1)
I am planning to apply to QM for LLB and expecting a positive response from them. However, I am a little worried as I will be an international student in London, and I have heard that it is tough getting a TC after the LLB.

I really want to work in London after I complete my LLB. Queen Mary has been growing and is currently regarded as the Best Law School in London (as per the Guardian Ranking). However, I am not sure if doing LLB from QM can get me a job!

Need some advice. Thanks in advance!
Yep, QM Law department is very reputable......obviously LSE, UCL, KCL trumps QM......but the Law department is still considered quite highly.
There also the richest department at QM and have their own dedicated department.

Being an international could cause some issues with visa, etc but you gotta be doing everything....internships, relevant experience.....networking, etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Queen Mary University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (517)
37.63%
No - but I will (107)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (94)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed