EU students grades Watch

anastas
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm a EU student and graduated last year from high school. I'm applying for English at UK universities and i'm a bit worried because even though i have the equivalent of an A in English and other humanities subjects the overall equivalent grade unis ask for is higher to what i have. I had taken 15 subjects with most of them being the equivalent of either an A or something between an A and a B, a few between a B and a C but also a D and an F(!!). Science and maths literally killed me
So my question is, do you think i stand a chance in getting accepted? All opinions welcome, thank you so much
Black Cat
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by anastas)
I'm a EU student and graduated last year from high school. I'm applying for English at UK universities and i'm a bit worried because even though i have the equivalent of an A in English and other humanities subjects the overall equivalent grade unis ask for is higher to what i have. I had taken 15 subjects with most of them being the equivalent of either an A or something between an A and a B, a few between a B and a C but also a D and an F(!!). Science and maths literally killed me
So my question is, do you think i stand a chance in getting accepted? All opinions welcome, thank you so much
Are you studying IB? You'll be fine having good English is most important first.
anastas
Rep:
?
(Original post by Black Cat)
Are you studying IB? You'll be fine having good English is most important first.
Thank you for your reply.No, i studied for the Apolytirion of Lykeio(Greece), it's the equivalent of A Levels.
Black Cat
Report 4 years ago
Thank you for your reply.No, i studied for the Apolytirion of Lykeio(Greece), it's the equivalent of A Levels.
I see have you applied for any of the UK universities yet?
anastas
Rep:
?
I see have you applied for any of the UK universities yet?
Not yet. Had applied last year and was accepted by my firm and my insurance with these grades but due to some reasons had to take a gap year. Now applying again to my insurance and to two or maybe three others.
Black Cat
Report 4 years ago
Not yet. Had applied last year and was accepted by my firm and my insurance with these grades but due to some reasons had to take a gap year. Now applying again to my insurance and to two or maybe three others.
Well since you've been previously accepted by universities you'll have no problem finding a place. Your grades are fine too.

Goodluck with the applications this year.
anastas
Rep:
?
Well since you've been previously accepted by universities you'll have no problem finding a place. Your grades are fine too.

Goodluck with the applications this year.
Thank you very much for your help!Best wishes!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (315)
37.77%
No - but I will (64)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (393)
47.12%

Watched Threads