Who do you consider a friend? Watch

username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I mean I talk to a a few people at work & online but I hardly hang out in a social environment, I'd say they're more acquaintances so not sure if I have any "true friends" Who would you classify as a friend personally?
Another
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If they're still 100% willing to talk to me after knowing me for longer than 3 hours, I consider that to be a friend.

Close friends I guess, are the types of people who you can spill your heart out to and they'll be supportive in return. And you don't have to be reserved about any slightly unpopular opinions you have around them either.

They're the type of people who you always have a space for in your mind, every now and then you'll think "I wonder what they're doing now?" You'll help them whenever you can, even spending £50 on a gift for them won't even phase you

Basically, it's like someone you love, but don't want to have sex with. (Or someone you love, and maybe want to have sex with, but don't want a relationship with)
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I only really class my partner as my owm true friend. Yes one reason is solely because he is my partner but mainly because we were already best friends before dating so he knows me better than anyone. I do have a few people I text regularly and class them as friends but I wouldn't say they were close friends though I do trust them and get on well with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kaiju
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
nobody

i don't see it as a bad thing
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kaiju)
nobody

i don't see it as a bad thing
Same. It's a me's me's me's world
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads