Turn on thread page Beta

Moving from florida to new york in the middle of the school year im in 9th grade im m watch

ReputationRep:
    How will i do academically i know i will make friends easy but i dont know how actual school will go is it good im moving during the break ive always caught on quick any advice or anything please help how do you think i will do will it be an easy transition? what are the pros and cons should i start school as soon as i get there which will be december 6th or should i wait for the new semester in janurary please help me im stressin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quest_405)
    How will i do academically i know i will make friends easy but i dont know how actual school will go is it good im moving during the break ive always caught on quick any advice or anything please help how do you think i will do will it be an easy transition? what are the pros and cons should i start school as soon as i get there which will be december 6th or should i wait for the new semester in janurary please help me im stressin
    I'm not really sure how American education works, and most people here are from the UK, but I'm pretty sure it will go fine

Are you taking the same subjects? Are they on the same course? Is there anything your new school would have done, that you haven't? For example for history your current school might do the Cold War whereas your new one WW1, in which case you might want to catch up on new modules

Has your new school suggested when you should start? I'd have thought it would be something they'd tell you instead of give you a choice really, although imo start of a new semester would probably be easiest. But speak to the school.

And pros and cons for what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamCee)
    I'm not really sure how American education works, and most people here are from the UK, but I'm pretty sure it will go fine

Are you taking the same subjects? Are they on the same course? Is there anything your new school would have done, that you haven't? For example for history your current school might do the Cold War whereas your new one WW1, in which case you might want to catch up on new modules

Has your new school suggested when you should start? I'd have thought it would be something they'd tell you instead of give you a choice really, although imo start of a new semester would probably be easiest. But speak to the school.

And pros and cons for what?
    pros of cons of transfering and right now im taking 7 subjects freshman orientation(yes thats a class) english science intro to tech (which is a computer class) pe algebra and intensive math in what way will it be easier for me to start in the new semester how would it be easier?

ReputationRep:
    pros of cons of transfering and right now im taking 7 subjects freshman orientation(yes thats a class) english science intro to tech (which is a computer class) pe algebra and intensive math in what way will it be easier for me to start in the new semester how would it be easier?
    Do you mean transferring at all, or when you transfer?

I think it would be easier at the new semester as I think this semester is coming to an end in a few weeks? If so it'll be mostly finishing up work when you start which isn't the best position for you to be in. However a new semester you won't have missed out on anything and be behind on what they're currently doing.

However that still means you'll miss a few weeks of school which isn't the best idea. Have you spoken to the new school? What did they suggest?

ReputationRep:

I think it would be easier at the new semester as I think this semester is coming to an end in a few weeks? If so it'll be mostly finishing up work when you start which isn't the best position for you to be in. However a new semester you won't have missed out on anything and be behind on what they're currently doing.

However that still means you'll miss a few weeks of school which isn't the best idea. Have you spoken to the new school? What did they suggest?
    my mom said it would be best to wait intill the new semester how do you think ill do academic wise if i go in at the new semester will it be easy for me? i have a 3.0 at the school im at now my only struggles are math? do you think ill do ok?

ReputationRep:

Do you think ill be able to catch on since im starting at the new semester?

ReputationRep:
    my mom said it would be best to wait intill the new semester how do you think ill do academic wise if i go in at the new semester will it be easy for me? i have a 3.0 at the school im at now my only struggles are math? do you think ill do ok?
    I really can't say. And in England we don't have GPA so I have no idea how good a 3.0 is, sorry. You may have to work a little harder at the start in order to catch up with everyone else, but there's no reason you'll have any problems. Think you'd be fine

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.