The Student Room Group

International Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lightmax
Country of origin: Macau
GCSE/IGCSE/IB/ International A levels: Igcse 6A*2A1B/AS levels bad(Resits pending)
UKCAT/BMAT: 2720/ 4.6-5.4-3A
Schools applying to: Oxford, Manchester, Glasgow, Southampton
Interview offers: Glasgow

Already rejected by Oxford and Manchester, but i do have a conditional offer at KCL biomedical science.

I also applied to KCL for Biomedical Sciences but haven't heard anything and I submitted my app on 2nd October :frown: My Personal statement is very medicine orientated and why i want to be a doctor etc. so could that be the reason i haven't heard back?
Reply 21
Original post by ishysmile
I also applied to KCL for Biomedical Sciences but haven't heard anything and I submitted my app on 2nd October :frown: My Personal statement is very medicine orientated and why i want to be a doctor etc. so could that be the reason i haven't heard back?

Mine was also pretty medicine oriented, so I don't think that was the problem. I wouldn't worry about it though. If they haven't sent you anything, that probably means you are still being considered. They said on the application portal that they aim to give answers within 60 days, but they may take longer. So I would say sit tight a little more. I think your grades are way better than mine and they will have no problem accepting you
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 22
And does anyone know when interview offers at Southampton start coming out?
Reply 23
Did you apply for biomedical at KCL or medicine?

Country of origin: Macau
GCSE/IGCSE/IB/ International A levels: Igcse 6A*2A1B/AS levels bad(Resits pending)
UKCAT/BMAT: 2720/ 4.6-5.4-3A
Schools applying to: Oxford, Manchester, Glasgow, Southampton
Interview offers: Glasgow

Already rejected by Oxford and Manchester, but i do have a conditional offer at KCL biomedical science.
Reply 24
Biomedical. The thought process behind it was that the minimum grades were lower for the subject than elsewhere, and I could apply for a scholarship at KCL here in Macau.
Anyone with cardiff interview here?
Yay my brethren :2euk48l:

Country of origin: Malaysia (studying in China)
GCSE/IGCSE/IB/ International A levels: IB predicted 42/45
UKCAT/BMAT: 727.5
Schools applying to: Leicester, Newcastle, Aberdeen, Southampton
Interview offers: Leicester & Newcastle

Good luck on your apps everyone!
And does anyone know when interview offers at Southampton start coming out?

Hey, I'm not sure when interviews will be given out, but if you go to their website the overseas applicants interview date is February 10th. Given that typically 3 weeks before is the latest they give out interviews, it could still be a long wait!
Reply 28
Original post by Tame_Impala
Hey, I'm not sure when interviews will be given out, but if you go to their website the overseas applicants interview date is February 10th. Given that typically 3 weeks before is the latest they give out interviews, it could still be a long wait!

:s-smilie:, so long after the other universities. Well, guess just have to take it one interview at a time
:s-smilie:, so long after the other universities. Well, guess just have to take it one interview at a time

yup :sadnod: hopefully we'll see each other there!
Original post by jungykang
Got an interview for Oxford :smile:. Does anyone know why despite the 14 available places, only 3 are usually offered a place?

Not to scare you or anything, but the year I applied to oxford, only 1 international student got a place.
I think they are not very open to international students, but if you do well, there shouldn't be a reason they shouldn't accept you.
Yay my brethren :2euk48l:

Country of origin: Malaysia (studying in China)
GCSE/IGCSE/IB/ International A levels: IB predicted 42/45
UKCAT/BMAT: 727.5
Schools applying to: Leicester, Newcastle, Aberdeen, Southampton
Interview offers: Leicester & Newcastle

Good luck on your apps everyone!

I am from Penang!
You?
Original post by 1drowssap
Not to scare you or anything, but the year I applied to oxford, only 1 international student got a place.
I think they are not very open to international students, but if you do well, there shouldn't be a reason they shouldn't accept you.

Ahhhh that's not a really nice number to look at but hopefully so, interview prep seems to be going decently well (i think at least...)
Original post by DCMed96
I am from Penang!
You?

OMG I'M FROM PENANG TOO :biggrin: :biggrin: My grandmother's house is in Balik Pulau! I've lived in China pretty much all my life though, but we go back a few times each year. What school do you go to?
OMG I'M FROM PENANG TOO :biggrin: :biggrin: My grandmother's house is in Balik Pulau! I've lived in China pretty much all my life though, but we go back a few times each year. What school do you go to?

Went to school in ZHUHAI
Received Bristol, UCL and now Birmingham Interviews - just waiting for Imperial now...
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi guys!
Country of origin: Vietnam

GCSE/IGCSE/IB/ International A levels: Predicted A A A* A*
UKCAT/BMAT: UKCAT 660
Schools applying to: Hull York, Queens' Belfast, Dundee, Aberdeen
Interview offers: Dundee (Dec 12th), Hull York (Jan 7th). Still waiting for the other 2!

Having interview in 2 days, feeling so nervous :frown:

Reply 37
All the best for the Dundee interview! Since when have they started sending notifications for interviews.
Original post by DCMed96
Went to school in ZHUHAI

cool :smile: we usually go back to penang for winter break, but this year we're not because I have to finish college apps for the US ): so bummed
Original post by MaiHuong
Hi guys!
Country of origin: Vietnam

GCSE/IGCSE/IB/ International A levels: Predicted A A A* A*
UKCAT/BMAT: UKCAT 660
Schools applying to: Hull York, Queens' Belfast, Dundee, Aberdeen
Interview offers: Dundee (Dec 12th), Hull York (Jan 7th). Still waiting for the other 2!

Having interview in 2 days, feeling so nervous :frown:

All the best for your interview. I am also an international student may I know where will you attend your interview?

Quick Reply

Latest