Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How will i do academically i know i will make friends easy but i dont know how actual school will go is it good im moving during the break ive always caught on quick any advice or anything please help how do you think i will do will it be an easy transition? what are the pros and cons should i start school as soon as i get there which will be december 6th or should i wait for the new semester in janurary please help me im stressin ill be in the queens/ borderline of brooklyn area unless im with my dad in laurelton queens

ReputationRep:
    hey there,
    I've been to 8 different schools before; I've never stayed at the same school for more than 2 years and I haven't finished high school yet. (my family moves a lot)
    I live in New England right now, not too far from NY, and I can understand where you're coming from. Moving is always scary, but sometimes it's nice to have a fresh start, especially since you just entered high school, which is a huge transition in itself. I used to go to NYC every new years when I was little, and it's the most beautiful place. People from all over the world dream about living in New York, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Talk to your guidance counselor about when to jump in the school year, she/he would give you a better answer than I can, and it'll be good to get close to your counselor, they'll be the one writing your college recommendations.
    I wish you the best of luck!
    feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.