Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Im currently taking iGCSE taking:
foreign language - chinese
media
drama

and i want to take:
HL chem, film studies and psych
SL studies, chinese b and langlit

i want to pursue in psych but i don't know what course i can take and i wanted to choose sociology and you need bio even though i dislike it.

help? i would like to know chem and psych combo, what courses and jobs can i have? thanks alot:3
jadys10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by seyaxx)
media
drama

and i want to take:

i want to pursue in psych but i don't know what course i can take and i wanted to choose sociology and you need bio even though i dislike it.

help? i would like to know chem and psych combo, what courses and jobs can i have? thanks alot:3
You should be taking sciences, maths and English for gcses too in order to do chemistry at alevel. To study psychology at uni, you would need to have studied psychology and preferably maths, bio or chemistry, it's not compulsory. Sociology would require at least one science subject.

For psychology, you could become a psychologist at hospital, a consultant, or a counsellor, or help out a psychiatric ward, or be a therapist.
seyaxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
(Original post by jadys10)
You should be taking sciences, maths and English for gcses too in order to do chemistry at alevel. To study psychology at uni, you would need to have studied psychology and preferably maths, bio or chemistry, it's not compulsory. Sociology would require at least one science subject.

For psychology, you could become a psychologist at hospital, a consultant, or a counsellor, or help out a psychiatric ward, or be a therapist.

oops i forgot to say i do take science and math haha but would it be better if i took bio even than chem? Although my friend told me that I shouldn't take a higher of something that i dislike, because I would do bad in it.
jadys10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
oops i forgot to say i do take science and math haha but would it be better if i took bio even than chem? Although my friend told me that I shouldn't take a higher of something that i dislike, because I would do bad in it.
It's better if you do take it. It doesn't really matter whether you like it to be honest because in the long run, it would be useful and beneficial to you. Just as long as you can get a good grade in it. I knew someone in my class. Hated biology but he got an A at the end of the year, whereas me on the other hand loves biology and got a crap grade -_-
seyaxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
(Original post by jadys10)
It's better if you do take it. It doesn't really matter whether you like it to be honest because in the long run, it would be useful and beneficial to you. Just as long as you can get a good grade in it. I knew someone in my class. Hated biology but he got an A at the end of the year, whereas me on the other hand loves biology and got a crap grade -_-
ughhh ik it would be good for myself yet ik i hate it as hell!!! I'm just worried like 1) its a higher that means its going to be real hard and 2) I would be bored and won't even listen in class #thestruggleisreal
jadys10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ughhh ik it would be good for myself yet ik i hate it as hell!!! I'm just worried like 1) its a higher that means its going to be real hard and 2) I would be bored and won't even listen in class #thestruggleisreal
Well the guy in my class took it well. He just revised loads and did what he had to do to get an A, but so some reason even tho I revised loads too, it didn't work out the same way. He focused on the task, and the goal he wanted to achieve and just held thro the process. Sad thing is he survived and got what he wanted
katbob
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
media
drama

and i want to take:

theres a website called careers... Its free. Go on the NHS website duck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (307)
37.44%
No - but I will (63)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.44%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise