Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Due to personal reasons I'm potentially planning on leaving university and reapplying to the same course at a different university in the next couple of weeks.

Because I'm a mature student and I don't have a home to return back to when I'm not at university I need to know whether or not I will still receive my maintenance grant or not if I were to formally drop-out say tomorrow so that I can continue to stay in my accommodation whilst I get my affairs in order.

I'm very confused over the matter as some people have told me that you receive your maintenance grant instalments for the rest of the year regardless , and some have told me that you only get paid the instalments when your university confirms attendance.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hello kotoyoseru,

If you leave your course before the end of the academic year then we only pay you up until the last date of attendance.

You will receive a letter to notify you if you have been overpaid once the university notify us that you have left the course.

Thanks

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.