PwC actuarial internship assessment centre differences? Watch

Kevin_gardens
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all,

I've been invited to a PwC assessment centre for an actuarial internship with their AIMS department, for summer 2015. I've been reading TSR and wikijobs to find out what it is like, but am reading lots of different things (possibly for starters because they are all for different service lines). Therefore I was wondering:

- what do the psychometric tests taken depend on? I did numerical and verbal reasoning (no logical reasoning) for my online tests, does this mean I will be doing the same at the AC? Or not?

- is there an intray exercise? In the most recently dated AC thread I read on TSR (about a month ago) someone said they did this, however I didn't think I had to and it doesnt mention intrays on PwC's site for any service line.

Any general advice would also be much appreciated

Thanks!
thorn0123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
may I ask when you applied and when is the assessment centre?
Kevin_gardens
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I applied in October and the centre is this friday!
AspiringActuary
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Kevin,

Hope the assessment centre went well for you, and that hopefully you may be working at PwC for the long term from this summer!

I am in exactly the same position as you were, a year and a bit on. I just wondered if you would be willing to share details of your experience (the specific questions you raised are exactly those on my mind now)...what were the most challenging parts of the day, the format of it all and so on. Does the assessment centre involve another interview too? (I am not aware that it does, but wary that it might)

Thanks in advance for anything you are able to share
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed