Does Nioxin Work? Watch

markthegreat33
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello everyone,

I have been wondering around looking for products for helping with at least reducing hair loss. I still have a thick head of hair, but i noticed i was shedding more than usual, and want to be careful, so does nioxin products work? any nioxin reviews anyone like to share?
tammystuart
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Very few products actually ever really work for hair. You have to do multiple things if you want to get results. But sounds like your just stressed and not losing hair.
source
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nioxin only has fortified vitamins and minerals in their products, and so do many normal shampoos out there so i dont know.

I read that Nioxin products artificially thicken the hair shaft for a few hours, making you think your hair has gotten thicker, but it actually hasnt and that it can possibly make it worse because it can increase inflammation in the scalp which is the main cause of hair thinning and losing hair - article i read is here: http://www.nioxinreviews.co.uk/do-ni...actually-work/

But i agree with tammy, it does not seem you are losing hair... do you have any thinned out spots on your head? or is it just more hair on the pillow sort of thing?
markthegreat33
Rep:
?
(Original post by source)
Nioxin only has fortified vitamins and minerals in their products, and so do many normal shampoos out there so i dont know.

I read that Nioxin products artificially thicken the hair shaft for a few hours, making you think your hair has gotten thicker, but it actually hasnt and that it can possibly make it worse because it can increase inflammation in the scalp which is the main cause of hair thinning and losing hair - article i read is here: http://www.nioxinreviews.co.uk/do-ni...actually-work/

But i agree with tammy, it does not seem you are losing hair... do you have any thinned out spots on your head? or is it just more hair on the pillow sort of thing?

nice thanks for the link. i do eat a lot of sweet stuff and on another article in that website does say that sugar and hair loss is related and that makes sense because sugar also feeds inflammation ahhhhh i never realized this
tammystuart
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah most people think hair loss is genetic and you cant do anything about. But the truth is, we dont even understand what genetics truly are and how they work. Its just silly.

And then some say its hormonal which is part of the truth. Its still the inflammation that occurs due to the imbalance of hormones that causes the hair loss in the first place. Hope that makes sense.
markthegreat33
Rep:
?
(Original post by tammystuart)
Yeah most people think hair loss is genetic and you cant do anything about. But the truth is, we dont even understand what genetics truly are and how they work. Its just silly.

And then some say its hormonal which is part of the truth. Its still the inflammation that occurs due to the imbalance of hormones that causes the hair loss in the first place. Hope that makes sense.
yeah its true, genetics study isnt complete, and unless scientists can make out the persons face exactly, genetics is not fully understood, and people cant put a blame on genetics so quickly. besides we already know genes change according to your daily habits, even if you exercise 3 times a week for 6 months it changes the expression of your dna according to several studies.

i am so glad i posted the question on this forum. but what about things that work for hair and stopping inflammation in the scalp? or are products on the site you gave effective?
tammystuart
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There are many things that stop inflammation such as the carb/fat/sugar free diet, exercise everyday and maybe use the recommended products for ani inflammation like listed on the site. I think its a soap for the scalp which is meant to help.
source
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes the soap reccomended on the site is great for inflammation but as already mentioned, its important to do multiple things to tackle inflammation. you cant use an anti inflammatory shampoo or product then eat sugars like theres no tommorrow and expect to see results. it takes proper will and dedication to change each aspect of a lifestyle to create real permanent change.
be awake
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by markthegreat33)
Hello everyone,

I have been wondering around looking for products for helping with at least reducing hair loss. I still have a thick head of hair, but i noticed i was shedding more than usual, and want to be careful, so does nioxin products work? any nioxin reviews anyone like to share?
Hey, I think you are probably just overreacting to be honest! :eek:
Some degree of hair loss is natural as you get older, but if you think you've been losing more hair than usual then look out for any sudden changes in your lifestyle like some new medication your taking?
It could just actually be from stress and your diet like the other guy said cos I found that during exam time that happens to me tooo (and i break out as well :/ ). So yeah, if I were you just cut down on all the junk, stress and start exercises, see where it goes from there.

My experience with nioxin was not a good one so I wouldn't recommend that either way. It didnt speed up or thicken hair growth, it just flaked the hell out of my scalp. And maybe it was just me, but I could have sworn more hair fell whilst using it. Since then, all my routine has been is using a very light shampoo and massaging my hair with oil daily
tammystuart
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That is some routine lol

glad someone whose actually used nioxin products said something. I heard the same about oiling your hair regularly promotes hair growth my grandmother used to swear by that and had great thick hair.
hurricaneee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes and what your grandmother didnt have was high levels of testosterone.

Just deal with it, in general men who go bald early in life have very healthy hormone levels.
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Did you know that like a lot of animals, humans do go through a natural seasonal shed in late autumn/early winter and also in spring. If your hair is still fairly thick but you feel you've been shedding a fair bit recently, it could well be down to that as much as anything
tammystuart
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
Did you know that like a lot of animals, humans do go through a natural seasonal shed in late autumn/early winter and also in spring. If your hair is still fairly thick but you feel you've been shedding a fair bit recently, it could well be down to that as much as anything

Yeah that's a good point. We go through shedding cycles which can make us think that its hair loss.

Its not always easy to say though
source
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
if it's more than 100-150 hairs per day that fall, then it's considered hair loss.
Dantheman11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by source)

true dat,

I tried Nioxin before and found the reviews about them to see if it really works, but they leave positive reviews when the actually get the shampoo, but not if it worked for them or not. I did not see results, and I know what you mean about it making it seem like hair is thicker, when in reality, it isn't.
source
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yeah many people do that, so you have to make sure by either trying it yourself, or at least look at what the real reviews are (verified ones).
tammystuart
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I liked this article on that website you shared:
http://www.nioxinreviews.co.uk/can-d...rowth-results/

It explains how DNA is not really an exact limit to your health, but more of a control, and also there are ways to change expression of the RNA... which means you can keep hair for longer.
triphazards
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by markthegreat33)
Hello everyone,

I had the same problem, but switched to sulphate and salt free shampoos which really helped. Then got shampoo by a brand called calia and haven't looked bAck since (their products are made from 100% natural ingredients)
I also started to use more essential oils in my hair
Rosemary oil - scalp massage - improves circulation to head - promoting hair growth
avocado/neem oil - protecting hair
Also switched to a wooden brush

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (398)
37.58%
No - but I will (82)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (75)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (504)
47.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise