Will I like Skyrim if I didn't like Oblivion? Watch

Airfairy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Well it's not that I didn't like Oblivion, I just haven't played enough of it to know. It majorly bored me and I couldn't get into it. I've started it about five times but it's always failed to draw me in.

Would I like Skyrim with this taken into account?
thisistheend
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Airfairy)
Well it's not that I didn't like Oblivion, I just haven't played enough of it to know. It majorly bored me and I couldn't get into it. I've started it about five times but it's always failed to draw me in.

Would I like Skyrim with this taken into account?
Not in my opinion. If you didn't like big, you won't like bigger.

Why don't you try the new Dragon Age game that just came out? I'm playing it now and it's a more "focused" / "story driven" than skyrim.
BWV1007
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What didn't you like about Oblivion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Skyrim isn't very good anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fango_Jett
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you like didn't like Oblivion because it was too deep or complex to get into it, then you probably would like Skyrim which is incredibly casualized to the point where its unplayable without mods. Otherwise you wouldn't like either.
DErasmus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fango_Jett)
If you like didn't like Oblivion because it was too deep or complex to get into it, then you probably would like Skyrim which is incredibly casualized to the point where its unplayable without mods. Otherwise you wouldn't like either.
deep?

generic NPC dialogues
maps all look like the same generated stuff
really all the oblivion gates are the same thing!
vague quests with many glitches

Maybe I didn't play it enough but the idea that this game was big was ludicrous to me it was just a generated generic map with the same predictable features in every cave / city you went to.
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Skyrim is just as deep in every single aspect except perhaps lore. You sound like a hipster.
Airfairy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by thisistheend)
Not in my opinion. If you didn't like big, you won't like bigger.

Why don't you try the new Dragon Age game that just came out? I'm playing it now and it's a more "focused" / "story driven" than skyrim.
Yeah I may look into Dragon Age. I do like a good story. Thanks.

(Original post by BWV1007)
What didn't you like about Oblivion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It just really bored me. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance, but I play video games for enjoyment, so any game that I have to force myself to play until I enjoy it is not worth it really. I was just not interested in anything to do with the story as it was dull.

(Original post by james1211)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interesting, I never hear a bad word said about it.
It wasn't so much too deep or complex, just boring... I think I'll give Skyrim a miss for now.
Fango_Jett
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DErasmus)
deep?

generic NPC dialogues
maps all look like the same generated stuff
really all the oblivion gates are the same thing!
vague quests with many glitches

Maybe I didn't play it enough but the idea that this game was big was ludicrous to me it was just a generated generic map with the same predictable features in every cave / city you went to.
I never stated that Oblivion was either deep or complex, although it actually can be pretty complex when you ram it up with 10gb worh of mods. I was just saying that if OP found it so, then they would like Skyrim more.

Elder Scrolls died after Morrowind. Oblivion was just mediocre.
Schrödingers Cat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just no
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
Just no
Loved oblivion. Skyrim had no soul to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
himynameiswill
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Airfairy)
Interesting, I never hear a bad word said about it.
Certain groups of people act like it literally an unplayable mess without mods. They are hipster trash or brain dead.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by himynameiswill)
Certain groups of people act like it literally an unplayable mess without mods. They are hipster trash or brain dead.
Or perhaps I simply felt it lacked character and didn't get on with the story.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Schrödingers Cat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Loved oblivion. Skyrim had no soul to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never played Oblivion so can't comment on that. Really? Fair enough your opinion, I got really into every little story in Skyrim and sometimes when doing a mission and I found a character dead on the floor I would actually be a little upset when I read their little notes
Fango_Jett
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Arkasia)
Skyrim is just as deep in every single aspect except perhaps lore. You sound like a hipster.
Yes the lore, and the better quests, and the better guilds, and the variety of environments, and the variety of enemies, and even the plot.

You sound like a casual.
himynameiswill
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Or perhaps I simply felt it lacked character and didn't get on with the story.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wasn't aiming it at you. You said you didn't like it. So be it.

These certain groups that I was talking about are ones that believe the game to be unplayable without modding, which is mind blowing.
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes the lore, and the better quests, and the better guilds, and the variety of environments, and the variety of enemies, and even the plot.

You sound like a casual.
The lore is better in some areas, worse in others. I would say the Skyrim quests are better, as are the environments and enemies. I prefer Skyrim guilds, but yeah, the Oblivion plot is far better.

The fact you use the term casual tells me you are insecure and/or frequent reddit/4chan.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The lore is better in some areas, worse in others. I would say the Skyrim quests are better, as are the environments and enemies. I prefer Skyrim guilds, but yeah, the Oblivion plot is far better.

The fact you use the term casual tells me you are insecure and/or frequent reddit/4chan.
You're both irritating gamer nerds at the end of the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're both irritating gamer nerds at the end of the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And you seem to be a judgmental prick. At least with us there is nothing wrong with being a nerd.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And you seem to be a judgmental prick. At least with us there is nothing wrong with being a nerd.
Not inherently, no, but when you argue over video games with the kind of internet language you're both using you just sound like massive basement dwelling losers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (130)
38.69%
No - but I will (19)
5.65%
No - I don't want to (25)
7.44%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (162)
48.21%

Watched Threads