What's student life like? Watch

Bog12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi! I've just been given an offer to king's, and I'm over the moon! I was just wondering what university life is like? I've heard mix reviews about student life in London. Is it very different to 'typical university experience' and if so is it different in a good/ bad way? Thank you for you time
jadys10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My friend is over the moon about KCL, she started this year.
From the many stories she's told me, freshers isn't "freshers week" but more spread out, the parties are over the month and she's joined so many societies, really random things like the Sherlock society and all the students are friendly and she has a really full social calendar now compared to sixth form, constantly going out and meeting up with all these people/society gatherings and also in her course all her classmates get together for drinks and stuff.
Despite being in London, she's managed to obtain a good university experience (I don't really know what you mean by 'typical university experience'), she lives at home but it doesn't stop her from enjoying all the benefits someone living on campus would, she sometimes crashes in her friend's halls too.
CassieBeatrice
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It all comes down to what YOU prefer. KCL is not your typical "campus" university. Everything is spread out over central London and most likely will you only spend time at your own campus. However, if you join societies you will meet all kinds of people across the university. If you want to be really social you can and if you prefer to be more anonymous, that is possible too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (414)
37.81%
No - but I will (83)
7.58%
No - I don't want to (75)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (523)
47.76%

Watched Threads