Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    1) my lack of a christmas job or part time job.
    2) my recent break-up and commitment/sexual issues
    3) my essays.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    You're attractive, apparently intelligent and I'm guessing physically fit. The only reason a guy isn't going to find you attractive is through personal preference.

Losing confidence is an unfortunate by-product of the end of a relationship, let yourself get over problem 1, and I guarantee problem 2 will go away.

As for 3... If it goes wrong, it goes wrong, the world will not end, your career won't fall to pieces and you'll have support where it's needed. If nothing else, a bit of failure in life is a very good thing. It grounds people.
    Heh, thanks for the quote. I've thought about what you've said and you're right, it'll all pass eventually. Just have to bear with it all in the meantime, as bleurgh as it is at the moment. There's a first for everything, I suppose!
    Thank you

1) tormenting past that keeps repeating itself and getting worse emotionally/mentally
    2) the awful relationship i have with myself, food and my body
    3) school work getting effected by the two above, which are getting in the way of my social life too which lacks anyway + completely doubting myself

1. The fact that all the people I thought were my "friends" are actually the horriblest two-faced backstabbing people going. :/
    2. How I can't stop thinking the past and things I should've done to avoided life being how it is now.
    3. My inability to like new people since the last person I liked far too much for my own good :/ And how I think i'm over them but that doesn't explain why I still can't stop thinking about them. -__-

1. Trying to figure out a way to escape my dad's plan to take me to another country saying we're going on "holiday" and then force/emotionally blackmail me to marry one of my first cousin's. (I know some people might say, don't go, or tell your dad you don't wanna marry someone you've treated like your own brother all your life, but trust me, it's not that easy. My dad would probably disown me, pull me out of uni, or chuck me out of the house).
    2. This girl who goes to the same uni I do, we don't like one another, but we talked it out, and I thought she was over it and wouldn't ***** about me again. Not that I was asking for us to be friends, just stay out of each others way. She *****es about me, ALOT and basically is trying to get everyone against me.
    3. My inability to motivate myself to get into shape, and lose a few pounds!

I know the last problem, I bought onto myself, but the first two I have no control over.
    Why would a dad do that to his daughter? And why do some people get fun from destroying your life? I guess it's time to be the *****, i've been too nice all my life to everyone, and have been told so alot of times, people just tred all over you.

1. Social anxiety/low self esteem meaning lack of friends
    2. Getting good grades, school work
    3. Depression

life is awesome.

1. having no money whatso ever..even though i do have a job it barely pays for my driving lessons and its so impossible to get another job, ive been trying for weeks!
    2. being on my own all the time after my parents split, family and friends never seem to be around
    3. boyfriend being really weird with me...only adding to my problems n making me paranoid nearly split with him but was worried about being lonely

ReputationRep:
    money, women, uni, in that order

1. Just received qualifications so need job.
    2. Can't get over ex-boyfriend and doesn't seem like I ever will.
    3. Depression sapping joy from all. Whoop :yep:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    1. The fact that all the people I thought were my "friends" are actually the horriblest two-faced backstabbing people going. :/
    2. How I can't stop thinking the past and things I should've done to avoided life being how it is now.
    3. My inability to like new people since the last person I liked far too much for my own good :/ And how I think i'm over them but that doesn't explain why I still can't stop thinking about them. -__-
    Argh. Same here. This is infuriating. :console:

1. I still love my ex many months after the event
    2. Money
    3. -

ReputationRep:
    1-Lack of confidence
    2-Lack of friends/social life/social ability
    3-Lack of girlfriend. Still.

Well, don't I feel better now.

To everyone who posted with depression/cant get over an ex etc.. just hold on. i was in the same position last year, bf broke up with me, sank into depression and i couldnt see how i was ever going to feel better again. now im fine, havnt met anyone else but have realised there are more important things in life at our age, like family and friends, the excitment of starting uni/a new job etc, and doing the things we really enjoy in life.

i know it feels like crap now, but over time you will feel better, just keep postive, keep your family and friends close, do the things you love and enjoy and be happy with who you are. its not easy but many people go though it, and trust me you will come out of it a stronger, happier person (trust me )

xx

ReputationRep:
    1. hair loss
    2. acne
    3. muscles

1. Uni troubles. I don't think I'll get into the course I want, my parents seem to not care and also think this even though I'm working my guts off trying, and college is so, so stressful. I couldn't do a gap year.
    2. The way I act with my boyfriend. I'm so stubborn sometimes and hes so lovely to me =/.
    3. Everything really, but on a positive my self esteem is much higher than it was two years ago.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    1. Trying to figure out a way to escape my dad's plan to take me to another country saying we're going on "holiday" and then force/emotionally blackmail me to marry one of my first cousin's. (I know some people might say, don't go, or tell your dad you don't wanna marry someone you've treated like your own brother all your life, but trust me, it's not that easy. My dad would probably disown me, pull me out of uni, or chuck me out of the house).
    2. This girl who goes to the same uni I do, we don't like one another, but we talked it out, and I thought she was over it and wouldn't ***** about me again. Not that I was asking for us to be friends, just stay out of each others way. She *****es about me, ALOT and basically is trying to get everyone against me.
    3. My inability to motivate myself to get into shape, and lose a few pounds!

I know the last problem, I bought onto myself, but the first two I have no control over.
    Why would a dad do that to his daughter? And why do some people get fun from destroying your life? I guess it's time to be the *****, i've been too nice all my life to everyone, and have been told so alot of times, people just tred all over you.
    I have a friend that was subject to a forced marriage, she decided to flee her family and has not seen them since. It is a massive step to decide to cut off contact and I am not suggesting you do this . But there is this option for help/advice.

Think about getting in touch with the following people at the forced marriage unit.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/global-issu...marriage-unit/

ReputationRep:
    money money and money

1. unhappy with body
    2. inability to sit down and get on with my work
    3. I like a guy who has a girlfriend, and i like him so much but won't/can't ever go there

My mum has cancer, and the treatment is hitting her hard
    Me and my long term boyfriend are fighting lots.
    Not having enough money.

ReputationRep:
    1 - Depression. I can't face the fact that I'm not over it. I'm fed up of it taking so long to see someone. I'm fed of always being generally ill and feeling tired as well.

2 - School and coursework worries. Not having enough time to meet deadlines. Fears about my future and not being able to acheive what I want.

3. Tension in my ****** up family. We just can't get along.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.