Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
NatureFellow
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
First of all, I can guarantee you 100% that guys have liked you in the past; you've just been blissfully unaware. There's probably guys who fancy you right now but you don't know about it. That's just purely from experience.

Anyway ...

( I actually had to really think about this, because it's not something us guys think about on a conscious level - we just are attracted to certain girls and that's that. I won't go into looks, because each guy's taste is different...and to be honest looks are only 50% of what most guys look for anyway. There's a difference between lust and actually liking the girl as well.

I made these points after thinking about 2 girls that I currently fancy, and I tried to think why I like them in comparison to other girls - before anyone says it...I am a one girl kind of guy...so don't worry.)

- Looks after herself, not necessarily a gym goer...but in the sense she always makes an effort to look smart with nice hair wherever she goes. Appearance does go a long way despite what people say. Make the most of what you've been given (not flashing your boobs or ass, but just presenting yourself in a nice way. Also, not too much make-up)

- A girl that's not always on her phone, and that actually gives you 100% concentration when you're talking to her.

- A girl that is easy to talk to, and that is not intimidating to talk to. The ability to be relaxed and be yourself around the girl is pretty high up there on the likeability chances. A girl that takes interest in the guy's life, and isn't self absorbed into her own life and problems.

- Is normally the type of girl that the guy can see getting along well with their family. I'd say that's quite important....drama free girl, and a girl that isn't too clingy is a must.

- Intelligence, with a few ditsy moment perhaps...that's cute sometimes. Although too many blonde moments are definitely not cute

- Can think independently of her friends, makes an effort to pursue you 1-1. Not a sheep that just follows what her friends do or think. So for example, if a girl was to say to her friend who fancies a guy "you are way too good for him"....she would pursue her feelings despite the pre-judgemental comment the other girl has made.

- Doesn't drink excessively and make a fool of herself or put herself in danger. Has some class and respect for herself, and doesn't do one night stands. Most guys will avoid a girl who sleeps around like the plague.

- Is good with money, not turning up with a new dress every day...or just appearing to be a train wreck waiting to happen on your wallet. The type of girl that wouldn't care where the date was as long as she is with the guy. A girl that wants to be dined three times a week and wants the guy to pay for everything in the year 2014 is a genuine no-no-run away moment. Also if she's "daddy's little princess" and lives a life she can't afford out of her parents pocket that is equally abrasive.

- A girl that actually has career goals which she's gonna achieve for herself and not to please anyone else. It's really impressive if a girl has achieved a lot career wise. It sets them apart from the people who didn't really do much with their life after leaving uni / school.

Hope this helps!
subjunctivehistorian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NatureFellow)
First of all, I can guarantee you 100% that guys have liked you in the past; you've just been blissfully unaware. There's probably guys who fancy you right now but you don't know about it. That's just purely from experience.

Anyway ...

( I actually had to really think about this, because it's not something us guys think about on a conscious level - we just are attracted to certain girls and that's that. I won't go into looks, because each guy's taste is different...and to be honest looks are only 50% of what most guys look for anyway. There's a difference between lust and actually liking the girl as well.

I made these points after thinking about 2 girls that I currently fancy, and I tried to think why I like them in comparison to other girls - before anyone says it...I am a one girl kind of guy...so don't worry.)

- Looks after herself, not necessarily a gym goer...but in the sense she always makes an effort to look smart with nice hair wherever she goes. Appearance does go a long way despite what people say. Make the most of what you've been given (not flashing your boobs or ass, but just presenting yourself in a nice way. Also, not too much make-up)

- A girl that's not always on her phone, and that actually gives you 100% concentration when you're talking to her.

- A girl that is easy to talk to, and that is not intimidating to talk to. The ability to be relaxed and be yourself around the girl is pretty high up there on the likeability chances. A girl that takes interest in the guy's life, and isn't self absorbed into her own life and problems.

- Is normally the type of girl that the guy can see getting along well with their family. I'd say that's quite important....drama free girl, and a girl that isn't too clingy is a must.

- Intelligence, with a few ditsy moment perhaps...that's cute sometimes. Although too many blonde moments are definitely not cute

- Can think independently of her friends, makes an effort to pursue you 1-1. Not a sheep that just follows what her friends do or think. So for example, if a girl was to say to her friend who fancies a guy "you are way too good for him"....she would pursue her feelings despite the pre-judgemental comment the other girl has made.

- Doesn't drink excessively and make a fool of herself or put herself in danger. Has some class and respect for herself, and doesn't do one night stands. Most guys will avoid a girl who sleeps around like the plague.

- Is good with money, not turning up with a new dress every day...or just appearing to be a train wreck waiting to happen on your wallet. The type of girl that wouldn't care where the date was as long as she is with the guy. A girl that wants to be dined three times a week and wants the guy to pay for everything in the year 2014 is a genuine no-no-run away moment. Also if she's "daddy's little princess" and lives a life she can't afford out of her parents pocket that is equally abrasive.

- A girl that actually has career goals which she's gonna achieve for herself and not to please anyone else. It's really impressive if a girl has achieved a lot career wise. It sets them apart from the people who didn't really do much with their life after leaving uni / school.

Hope this helps!
This is such a helpful post, you have clearly put so much thought into it and I'm sure girls on here will appreciate it!
Desert Rain
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A big thing for me is a girl needs to make effort and be willing to make effort; it's a kind of tradition for the girl to play "hard to get" and the guy to do the leg work; but it causes big problems later on if the girl isn't willing to put the work in.

Then again, I am sure there are plenty of girls out there who don't fit in to this description and you may not be one! But that's just my two cents
bbarrett1412
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I try be like that! I just want a guy to snuggle up to and watch tv . That even when I'm still in my PJ's, with no makeup and hair just down, they still think I'm beautiful. My idea of a satanist something like a Takeaway watching a film and things.
Posted from TSR Mobile
AntisthenesDogger
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have to concur with the effort part. Too many women think the responsibility of active asking out/making contact should be the males prerogative. It just puts you off eventually.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (255)
38.93%
No - but I will (45)
6.87%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.18%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (308)
47.02%

Watched Threads