Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully if I get accepted Newcastle is going to be my first choice university, but I don't know which accommodation is the best?

What do people recommend and where to avoid?

(I lived in Stephenson Building in Northumbria for a year and that was meant to be awful but I didn't mind it so I'll take things with a pinch of salt here)

ReputationRep:
    The view is really nice, I'm living there this year. However, I personally don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth. Marris house, Windsor terrace and park terrace are all pretty decent and worth the money in my opinion though avoid st Mary's and Bowden court if you can because they are flipping miles away

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am attending Newcastle University next year and after my hours of research have concluded that Richardson Road will be best for me .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshZ)
    I am attending Newcastle University next year and after my hours of research have concluded that Richardson Road will be best for me .
    That's cool, I was looking at richardson road as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweetNothing)
    Hopefully if I get accepted Newcastle is going to be my first choice university, but I don't know which accommodation is the best?

What do people recommend and where to avoid?

(I lived in Stephenson Building in Northumbria for a year and that was meant to be awful but I didn't mind it so I'll take things with a pinch of salt here)
    I'm right next to the Stephenson Building atm, in Turner Court. It's pretty nice if you want an ensuite. Go for windsor terrace, marris or victoria I'd say. Castle leazes would be good only if you want self catered, definitely avoid bowsden/henderson/st marys if you can, just cos the bus is a faff.
    be aware you might not get your top choices (or any) though.

ReputationRep:
    Richy is the best socially, but pretty bare bones. Leazes is alright, but honestly unless you get into Castle Court you might as well go with Richy (unless you want the catered option). The View is very nice but more expensive than other, equivalent accommodations in terms of 'luxury'. Would not recommend going for accommodation that is far away from the uni.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone in Park Terrace have any photos and opinions. It seems like the best one for me because its on campus and it just looks nice but I don't really know what it looks like inside or what its like for social life etc.

Also, anyone who has opinions on liberty plaza, castle court, castle leazes, windsor terrace and victoria hall please share. Any of the ones that are close to the uni

ReputationRep:
    I am wanting to have Newcastle uni as my first choice too I have applied for psychology. When Ive looked at the accommodation I really like the look of Park Terrace, Castle Court and Castle Leazes. Does anyone know anything about these?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm here now and seriously if en suite isn't an absolute essential get Ricky Road. The place is basic but absolutley class. I picked it, but ended up in Leazes and its okay but the communal areas are non existent around bedrooms, kitchens are crap.

However I'm over ricky regularly for parties and I have mates there and it's quality. You'll regret it if you don't at least go for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieran-SAFC)
    I'm here now and seriously if en suite isn't an absolute essential get Ricky Road. The place is basic but absolutley class. I picked it, but ended up in Leazes and its okay but the communal areas are non existent around bedrooms, kitchens are crap.

However I'm over ricky regularly for parties and I have mates there and it's quality. You'll regret it if you don't at least go for it!
    You're getting me excited for this . How often do you go to parties in Ricky???

ReputationRep:
    Ricky Road absolutely if you're into going out a lot/clubbing etc, it looks very basic and is but you'll love it. Cheapest aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you're looking for. If you don't want an ensuite, but don't want to go to Ricky Road, try Leazes Parade! Nobody has ever heard of it, but it's great. Same price as Castle Leazes but sooo much nicer.

ReputationRep:
    Where is the nicest place with an en suite in terms of value for money and where's sociable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshZ)
    You're getting me excited for this . How often do you go to parties in Ricky???
    About twice a week maybe? I have mates over there...tbf though, everyone seems to just wander into each others party, there can be a few going off within a 30 second walk of each other

Edit: Forgot to mention that although Ricky kitchens are small, they're quite good...better than Leazes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obsessedfreak95)
    Depends what you're looking for. If you don't want an ensuite, but don't want to go to Ricky Road, try Leazes Parade! Nobody has ever heard of it, but it's great. Same price as Castle Leazes but sooo much nicer.
    Windsor Terrace is good for this. Right next to the library as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoriaemma)
    Where is the nicest place with an en suite in terms of value for money and where's sociable?
    Castle Court I'd say...the 'nicer' part of Leazes thats been recently refurbished. You're not catered for there though like most of Leazes.

ReputationRep:
    I got an an offer for computer science which I'm firming for an unconditional.

Whilst at the admissions day a lot of the students who were taking the tour recommended richardson road, mainly for the social life

Soo I plan on putting that down as my option, anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    thanks for everyone's advice! you know as castle court is part of castle leazes, can you specify that you want to be in castle court when applying for accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone looked at Leazes Terrace? Looks good to me but never seems to come up when discussing accommodation on here.

ReputationRep:
    I've put newcastle as my firm for computer science too! i haven't decided accomodation yet, anyone have advice on a social one but with en suite?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.