Turn on thread page Beta

I have become very stressed because I have too much a level work. I've tried to do time plans but they haven't worked and because I suffer from anxiety and depression procrastination gets the better of me. I don't know what to do. Because I'm anxious I don't really know how to talk to someone about being stress or who to talk to. More because I feel as though it's my fault because I don't time plan and I don't do the work when I should but I honestly can't cope. I have that many priorities I don't know where to start. What do I do? Please help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have become very stressed because I have too much a level work. I've tried to do time plans but they haven't worked and because I suffer from anxiety and depression procrastination gets the better of me. I don't know what to do. Because I'm anxious I don't really know how to talk to someone about being stress or who to talk to. More because I feel as though it's my fault because I don't time plan and I don't do the work when I should but I honestly can't cope. I have that many priorities I don't know where to start. What do I do? Please help.
    Work hard or regret it. If you can't cope, then give up, simple.
    Nothing beats hard work, no matter how much TSR members say they revised nothing for an A*, almost every single one put a **** load of hours into.

ReputationRep:
    I went through that. It's hard to talk to teachers I know. Do you have a close friend to share your problems with?
    Focus on what you're trying to accomplish, your goals, with each piece of work you complete, you are nearing your goal to finish alevels. Talk to teachers about there being a lot of work and ask if they can provide extra assistance. Go to a library and work there after school for a few hours. A change of environment helps, you focus better and get what you can get done. Just don't ever resort to self harm. Get some sunshine or vitamin d supplements. Vitamin d deficiency is sometimes the cause of depression. Believe in yourself that you can get through this and look forward to something. So to reward yourself, like if you finished all your work before a certain time or day, you get a reward of your choice. Eat well and sleep well. Take breaks. Do short bursts of productive work and then take a break and repeat till you've got the work done. You can do this.

ReputationRep:
    The best advice I ever received in regards to procrastination, was if you had something to do, do it immediately. Force yourself to do it. Even if it's for 10 minutes. Then take a break, and do another 10 minutes. Work your way up at your own pace, because not everybody has outstanding work ethic, and it's not something that happens overnight. It's a positive thing that you're trying to do something about it now, with your exams in May/June. All the best.

(Original post by TheNoobishKnight)
    Work hard or regret it. If you can't cope, then give up, simple.
    Nothing beats hard work, no matter how much TSR members say they revised nothing for an A*, almost every single one put a **** load of hours into.
    give up? thats useless advise
    OP, dont listen. this person is obviously not used to giving advice
    it is really touch at A Level, and yes of course you need to work as hard as you can, but take things a task at a time. whatever helps. web blockers, hiding your phone, whatever you usually use to procrastinate may help. its not your fault youre finding it tough, because it is tough. im sure youll get the hang of it soon. :-)

ReputationRep:
    give up? thats useless advise
    OP, dont listen. this person is obviously not used to giving advice
    it is really touch at A Level, and yes of course you need to work as hard as you can, but take things a task at a time. whatever helps. web blockers, hiding your phone, whatever you usually use to procrastinate may help. its not your fault youre finding it tough, because it is tough. im sure youll get the hang of it soon. :-)
    Well when you're anxious and depressed and can't handle something which could make yourself worse then it's best to give up, isn't it?

Also I meant that they could give up, it's easy to give up. But hard work is always better. Keep 'mirin

So what if I am new at giving advice? What happens when all the people who are 'used to giving advice' die?

Also I don't know whether you know how bad true depression can be...

ReputationRep:
    You should try and talk to your school's academic support/pastoral team. They might be able to offer you extra support lessons in subjects you're struggling with, 1:1s with your teachers in frees, maybe some counseling, etc. They're there to help you - everyone struggles with A levels, and it doesn't make you weak or stupid or whatever to ask for help!

Good luck.

(Original post by TheNoobishKnight)
    Well when you're anxious and depressed and can't handle something which could make yourself worse then it's best to give up, isn't it?

Also I meant that they could give up, it's easy to give up. But hard work is always better. Keep 'mirin

So what if I am new at giving advice? What happens when all the people who are 'used to giving advice' die?

Also I don't know whether you know how bad true depression can be...
    i see your point, i just thought 'give up' sounded awfully negative. thats all. sorry if i offended.

ReputationRep:
    i see your point, i just thought 'give up' sounded awfully negative. thats all. sorry if i offended.
    Yup, you're right. I did word it pretty badly. Sorry for being a general dumbass and for not taking the time to word a proper advice.

ReputationRep:
    Okay so you're procrastinating. Even worse than that, you're stressed about procrastinating and not doing work. It's a vicious cycle so I suggest you get a good night's sleep, try to relax by watching something funny or listening to some atmospheric music. Then, clear your bag, drawers, bed room and workspace. Sort everything out into their rightful places and if you are unsure where anything should be, put it to the side for later. Now, you have a more detached view of your situation you should be able to tell whether you can sort this out by yourself or whether you will need someone else's help. If it's the latter, then call in your parent, sibling, good friend or tell a helpful teacher about it. You can sit down together and make a list of what exactly you are worried about and then talk it out. Discussing a problem can be very helpful and will help you to see it from another perspective. Maybe it's not all that bad after all. Then, make a list of things you need to do but if this is likely to stress you out, don't do it. Before you can get started on working and revising, you need to relax and build up some confidence in your own abilities. Relaxation is an active process not necessarily just lying in front of the tv and hoping your worries will go away.

ReputationRep:
    drop a few a levels.. honestly mate education can only take you so far, what are you planning to do at uni? if you dont plan on being a DR I wouldn't even bother with A levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    heyy okay so im no expert AND im kinda in a similar position like you haha so first of all RELAX AND SLEEP! lol, like seriously!
    i like to just sit on my bed and just cry for a while and think through how unwilled andhow much of a failure i am!
    BUT.... just think of the uni you really want to get into, think about how happy yopu parents will be, how happy you would be. think about you and you future own family, and how content your life will be. just keep your main goals in life infront of you and i swear you will succeed! good luck, and remember ' even the work IMPOSSIBLE says I'M POSSIBLE

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.