will retainers cover up the gap Watch

stennawills
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
my braces got removed yesterday and they looked great When i woke up this morning i observed a little gap (minor) that has developed overnight, my retainers come day after tomorrow . Is it normal for the gap to develop ?will retainers cover the gap up ?
EloiseStar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by stennawills)
my braces got removed yesterday and they looked great When i woke up this morning i observed a little gap (minor) that has developed overnight, my retainers come day after tomorrow . Is it normal for the gap to develop ?will retainers cover the gap up ?
They may push your teeth back together a bit but I had my braces off 3 years ago and my teeth still move (especially since my wisdom teeth came through) within a few hours of taking my retainer out.

I don't know about a gap unless it was there before? My orthodontist said its natural for teeth to go back to their natural position after braces... I just don't know how normal this is after 3 years for me
stennawills
Rep:
?
(Original post by EloiseStar)
They may push your teeth back together a bit but I had my braces off 3 years ago and my teeth still move (especially since my wisdom teeth came through) within a few hours of taking my retainer out.

I don't know about a gap unless it was there before? My orthodontist said its natural for teeth to go back to their natural position after braces... I just don't know how normal this is after 3 years for me
I had braces for 3 years , there was a gap and it was completely closed when he removed the braces yesterday , but today morning i observed a minor gap i just hope they dont open up completely before i get my retainers
EloiseStar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I had braces for 3 years , there was a gap and it was completely closed when he removed the braces yesterday , but today morning i observed a minor gap i just hope they dont open up completely before i get my retainers
Retainers normally fix my issue for about an hour but over the period of a day it just worsens. My teeth were quite bad before though so I don't know if that affects it.
stennawills
Rep:
?
(Original post by EloiseStar)
Retainers normally fix my issue for about an hour but over the period of a day it just worsens. My teeth were quite bad before though so I don't know if that affects it.
My teeth just had this gap otherwise they were fine but now im just worried that the gap is developing again
Inazuma
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would put the retainers in as soon as they come, for as long as possible till the gap goes away, should move back well at this stage.
I followed their rules fairly well but one of my teeth moved and won't readjust back properly. Same with my front teeth but when I put my retainers in those straighten out overnight..
teeth are weird
stennawills
Rep:
?
(Original post by Inazuma)
I would put the retainers in as soon as they come, for as long as possible till the gap goes away, should move back well at thvis stage.
I followed their rules fairly well but one of my teeth moved and won't readjust back properly. Same with my front teeth but when I put my retainers in those straighten out overnight..

teeth are weird
i hope so.. i dont want to undergo the braces headache again
Inazuma
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i hope so.. i dont want to undergo the braces headache again
I'm sure it will be fine, just keep them in till they move back
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads