Turn on thread page Beta

Was at a birthday party last night and a group of people at work were invited. Towards the end of the night I saw my colleague who I work with very often, passionately making out with the manager.

I know it's not my business to care and I probably seem intrusive but here's the thing. I can't get that image out of my mind, he's much older than her and it seems so weird that this would happen, especially between two people who I work with a lot. No one seemed to care then since everyone was pissed out of their minds.

It will probably be awkward in the office now. How can I see them in the same light? There's many relationships in the office but when it's stuff which is just one night thing, then it's just weird for me.

What can I do? Just pretend it never happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ?
    Why has this got anything to do with you?
    They're adults and whatever goes on outside of work has nothing to do with you. Unless it starts impacting on your role whereby you're sacked because the person gets your job role as they're sleeping with the manager or some random crap such as that, then clearly whatever happened is not your business.
    So yes, get on with your role and pretend it didn't happen. Be professional.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Talk to HR?

TBH though while it's technically inappropriate, you just sound like you have personal issues with age-gap affairs. There's nothing wrong with someone being older..
    So if I were you I'd be realistic and get over it..

ReputationRep:
    Unless you are a vicar and your line manager was a bishop then you should not do anything.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.