Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I live in the UK and when I'm 16 I'm free to legally move to any other country in the EU and work without any visa or paperwork, just go.

So, where should I move, suggest.

Also, if it ****s up, I've got a welfare state and parents to come crawling back to, so not to worry.

I was thinking about an eastern european country, Poland or Slovenia came to mind.

Is it possible to make enough money to have a relitively comfortable lifestyle in Eastern European countries?

ReputationRep:
    your going to struggle without any skills what so ever

ReputationRep:
    just go any where thats not here

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to sit down and have a serious thought for a minute.

1. You ae only 16.
    2. Can you speak those languages? i.e can you speak Polish fluently? Can you speak Romanian fluently?
    3. There are Romanians and Polish flocking to the UK for a reason. People cannot get jobs over there. You do not have a welfare state and parents to come home too, that alone tells me you arent ready to move country to work.. the welfare system is barely enough to buy a loaf of bread and its not fair on your parents to split to another country then come back crying when you cant get a job.
    4. The EU is not an easy ticket to another country to work. In the UK its suprisingly hard to get into the welfare system, in other countries its even harder.

Wait untill you are older then think abou that sort of stuff, you are only 16, not 20. Its great that you want independance and all that, but wait untill you are older. I wanted to move to another country when I was 16 and theres no way looking back I would have been ready for that, and I'm 20 now living away from home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burninginme)
    I live in the UK and when I'm 16 I'm free to legally move to any other country in the EU and work without any visa or paperwork, just go.

So, where should I move, suggest.

Also, if it ****s up, I've got a welfare state and parents to come crawling back to, so not to worry.

I was thinking about an eastern european country, Poland or Slovenia came to mind.

Is it possible to make enough money to have a relitively comfortable lifestyle in Eastern European countries?

I know all the Eastern European buggers are over here, but I'll try and make it in their countries!
    Don't you need parental consent if you're under 18?

ReputationRep:
    For the first time I hear, that someone wishes to move from UK to Poland or Slovenia.

ReputationRep:
    Malta and Cyprus are probably the best bet for the monoglot Brit who's looking for somewhere to arse around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertineNorth)
    Malta and Cyprus are probably the best bet for the monoglot Brit who's looking for somewhere to arse around.
    I'm actually fairly proficient in Norwegian.

ReputationRep:
    Well bloody Norway then! That's rather vital information if you're wanting people to make an informed recommendation.

ReputationRep:
    and what will you do for housing and such until you can get a job there? what type of job will they give a 16 year old to support themselves on :rolleyes:

dream on..

ReputationRep:
    Have you been to everywhere in the UK? If you're that desperate for independence, move to a different county. Or go to Wales or Scotland or something. I agree that simply upping sticks to a different country is rather rash - go for a month's holiday and work in a hostel or something, then you'll probably realise it's harder than just going and living on your own.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    travel to London where the streets are paved with GOLD:rolleyes:

i hope the OP isn't serious... plus if you're 16 you have to go through paperwork and permission etc....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burninginme)
    I'm actually fairly proficient in Norwegian.
    Unfortunately Norway isnt part of the EU our kid will be much harder to live there then somewhere like France.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just go to Spain. Everyone else does.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.