The Student Room Group

Quick CAF question

On page 1 of the form it says "Please complete this form in black ink and use BLOCK CAPITALS on this page." Does that mean use capitals on that page only, or throughout the whole form?

I don't want to look like an idiot by not being able to follow instructions correctly if block capitals are not necessary.

Thanks.
Reply 1
I did block capitals throughout, but I wasn't sure either.
Reply 2
I did everything in block capitals apart from the additional personal statement as capitals for that seems a bit silly.
Reply 3
Ok thanks. Yeah my friend did it all in block capitals as well, so I guess I wil.
I did the whole thing in block capitals when I applied last year, but they really should make it clearer.
Reply 5
I only used block capitals on the first page.
Reply 6
Hmm... I kind of messed up my CAF:s-smilie:. I just started to fill in the form without reading the instructions first:rolleyes: . This meant that I used a blue instead of black pen and that I didn't use capital letters on the first page. Later, I found out that they actually wrote instructions on the first page. So what I did, was that I used a black pen to write over the blue text:confused:. But I couldn't change the small letters in capital letters... Besides that, I cannot write straight which means that my CAF PS has the shape of a rollercoaster.

However the big problem for the PS page was that my referee already filled in his part. So I couldn't reprint it.
I sort of regret it now that I didn't reprint the other pages.
At the moment I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope that the admissions officers think it's original...:rolleyes:
Still I don't understand the reasoning behind the capital letters. But maybe it isn't such a big deal after all as I got the warning e-mail about the SAQ...
Reply 7
On my OAF, I did it only on the first page.
Since it says "on this page" I only did it on the first page.
I did it on both, simply for clarity.

My additional PS was typed and then glued into the space though, and this wasn't in capitals.

As for my referee, she wrote my additional reference in block capitals which, frankly, looked ridiculous.

Oh well, too late to worry now!

Latest

Trending

Trending