The Student Room Group

What Subjects Should I Take With A Level Media

Can you mention subjects that may be associated with Media Studies? And please don't consider saying stuff like 'don't take media' please. I would like to take it because i enjoyed it in Year 11.
Drama interlinks to it? Maybe Sociology?
Original post by Schu98
Can you mention subjects that may be associated with Media Studies? And please don't consider saying stuff like 'don't take media' please. I would like to take it because i enjoyed it in Year 11.

What do you want to do at uni??
Reply 3
Original post by Schu98

Art and design, english literature and another language subject? Or maths haha. Choose what you did well in for gcse and what subjects you enjoy the most.
It depends if you have an idea about what you want to do in the future.
Music/music technology
English
Drama
:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by VioletPhillippo
It depends if you have an idea about what you want to do in the future.
Music/music technology
English
Drama
:smile:

If OP wants to take media, it's probably best not to take English too, especially if they want to go to uni, because the two courses are quite similar.
Well, I'm in A2 and take media with biology and maths, so really it's a case of taking subjects you like the look of.

Arts, languages and social sciences are generally popular choices.

If you only want to do media, consider a Creative Media BTEC Diploma.

Quick Reply

Latest