newcastle college Watch

dlinny
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
My daughter has got a place at newcastle college for sept 2015 after advise on when to look for accomodation ?
Also the best area to stay in for closeness thankyou
jadys10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by dlinny)
My daughter has got a place at newcastle college for sept 2015 after advise on when to look for accomodation ?
Also the best area to stay in for closeness thankyou
Has she gotten an offer and accepted it? Was it unconditional? It's still early to look for accommodation right now.
Have you looked on here:
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/accommodation/
dlinny
Rep:
?
Yes its unconditional , shes not as yet accepted , it just that we live in sheffield so a fair way to go to look round, have no idea wen to start looking but i know we have to wait for results in August so fingers crossed all goes to plan for her
JoshZ
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes its unconditional , shes not as yet accepted , it just that we live in sheffield so a fair way to go to look round, have no idea wen to start looking but i know we have to wait for results in August so fingers crossed all goes to plan for her
Unconditional means that they will let her in no matter what. I'm assuming she has a conditional offer as you said you'd have to wait for results. Anyhow, is it Newcastle University you're interested in or Newcastle College?
dlinny
Rep:
?
The college ,
She wanting to do aeronautical engineering .
llamaspoon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There's a lot of different areas in Newcastle that she could stay. The city centre and Jesmond are expensive areas, and if she lived in Jesmond she may also have to pay for public transport into the city centre. Fenham, Heaton and Gosforth/South Gosforth are areas that are cheaper, but again she would have to pay for public transport (bus or metro) or invest in a bike. All of these areas have landlords who cater specifically to students. I assume she's looking for a single room in a houseshare? There'll be quite a few available once she receives her results, so there's no rush. I'm not sure on budget or anything so I can't offer specific suggestions, but just quote me if you want more advice (I'm a student in Newcastle).
dlinny
Rep:
?
Sorry its a conditional offer she has .
dlinny
Rep:
?
Good advise thankyou
Would bringing her car up to newcastle be a big mistake ? Ie car parking at accomodation & also room to park at college ??
deviant182
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good advise thankyou
Would bringing her car up to newcastle be a big mistake ? Ie car parking at accomodation & also room to park at college ??
If she's planning on driving back to you quite a lot or using it for food shopping then yes. And if either you or her can afford to pay extra for parking as most accommodation will charge extra.
But Newcastle itself has brilliant transport in and around the city.
There's the metro system, takes you all over tyne and wear. Then the buses, ferry and train system will get you around and in and out the city. I never used my car as it was a waste of money and time to be honest. But it depends what will work best for you both.

Posted from TSR Mobile
rayquaza17
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I went to Newcastle College for my a levels.
There is a car park there for students to park in, but as others have said, if she is living in the area she would find it easier to use public transport.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Newcastle University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • Newcastle University
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Newcastle University
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads