Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got any interviews for medicine with out getting the best of AS grades ?

ReputationRep:
    You need to be believably predicted AAA or above at A2, so I've received two interviews so far with mostly B's at AS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madiwadi)
    Has anybody got any interviews for medicine with out getting the best of AS grades ?
    I got BBBC at AS. You just need to be predicted AAA at A2.

It's doable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryH)
    I got BBBC at AS. You just need to be predicted AAA at A2.

It's doable.
    have you got into medicine now or are you in the applying stage ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezme39)
    You need to be believably predicted AAA or above at A2, so I've received two interviews so far with mostly B's at AS
    Oh okay wow well done. Where did you apply ?

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay wow well done. Where did you apply ?
    Thank you the interviews were for Liverpool and HYMS, and I'm still waiting to hear from Nottingham and Keele

ReputationRep:
    have you got into medicine now or are you in the applying stage ?
    Yes, I'm at Bristol. I also had 2 interviews for other universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryH)
    Yes, I'm at Bristol. I also had 2 interviews for other universities.
    Oh wow well done to you. Where were the others that you applied to and which did you and did you not get interviews for ? Were your gcse results high ?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Ezme39;51950017]Thank you the interviews were for Liverpool and HYMS, and I'm still waiting to hear from Nottingham and Keele[/QUOTE
    Oh that's great! We're your GCSE results high then because those uni's go quite a bit by that right ?

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow well done to you. Where were the others that you applied to and which did you and did you not get interviews for ? Were your gcse results high ?
    I got interviews at Nottingham and Aberdeen also, but was rejected from Leeds. No nothing spectacular, got 5A* 5A 1B and 610 in my UKCAT.

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's great! We're your GCSE results high then because those uni's go quite a bit by that right ?
    I got 5 A*'s and 5 A's - which isn't amazing but was full marks for Liverpool's system HYMS and Nottingham are more UKCAT based, and I scored 695 which helped balance it up too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryH)
    I got interviews at Nottingham and Aberdeen also, but was rejected from Leeds. No nothing spectacular, got 5A* 5A 1B and 610 in my UKCAT.
    Well done! They're sort of similar to mine. So did you resit most of your modules of AS along with your A2 exams ? Or only one for each subject ?

ReputationRep:
    Well done! They're sort of similar to mine. So did you resit most of your modules of AS along with your A2 exams ? Or only one for each subject ?
    I resat a few, and just upped my game for A2 more than anything.

ReputationRep:
    Got ABBC and have 3/4 interviews so far!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 2, 2014

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.