these are my estimates

100% around 70-71
90% around 63-64
80% around 56-57
70% around 50-51

I cannot see these boundaries any lower ... let us hope they are not any higher

What do you see a C and D likely to be?
Original post by Ocean3
If you misread a question how many marks do you get?

Depends how many marks the question is worth and how early on in the question it is.

I think you lose the last 2 A and B marks of the question and can pick up all the M marks. For subsequent parts, I'm sure the A marks are treated as follow through marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I drew instead of the exponential graph a graph of lnx cause I'm a bit of an idiot. I still had the right points at where it crosses the axis and for part b) I drew it correctly for my graph. How many marks out of six do you think I will get?
Original post by whizzkid24601
Would just writing it is not a one-to-one function get me the mark?

Yeah it would mate, on a previous past paper it was on the mark scheme.
Original post by Jemy
What do you see a C and D likely to be?

never really wondered lower than that because I never had students at that level.
Boundaries are not linear so you may well find those practically unaffected as this type of student would not be able to access top end questions even if there far easier than those today.
I think I got a D which is horrendous considering I was hitting at least B's on my past papers. Anyway, if I got a B in C1, a B in C2, an A in S1, a B/A in D1, a D in C3, what would I need in C4 to get a B overall?
Reply 3308
I didn't realise there was a 9th question :cry2: Reckon I got 60/75 so not sure if its possible to make up the marks to an A* overall with C4?
Anyone know if I would get a mark or even two in total for these answers? Many stupid mistakes, I know.

1)c) cot(pheta-45) = 1/tan(pheta-45)

2)c) I stupidly only solved the answer for one of the values, which was In(3.5)

3)c) k>1 and k<-1 --> forgot to multiply it by 2 root 5

8)b) I made (cos A + sin A)/(cosA - sinA) = 1/2 ... then I made (cosA+ sinA = 1)

9)b) and c) ... for 9b I found du/dx=1 and dv/=1 but I used the product rule instead of the quotient rule so I got the answer wrong. For 9c I said k is negative so my wrong dy/dx will always be positive (I even subbed in two figures to back it up and I concluded that it was an increasing function)
fml where's the hitler reacts vid what a train wreck of an exam
Original post by MCJW
I didn't realise there was a 9th question :cry2: Reckon I got 60/75 so not sure if its possible to make up the marks to an A* overall with C4?

You can still get an A*! If you got 60/75, you probably got 80UMS, so now if you want an A* overall you will pretty much have to get full marks in C4, but it's not impossible!
How did people find this?

I thought it was quite okay tbh.
Original post by TheVIllageGeek
Anyone know if I would get a mark or even two in total for these answers? Many stupid mistakes, I know.

1)c) cot(pheta-45) = 1/tan(pheta-45)

2)c) I stupidly only solved the answer for one of the values, which was In(3.5)

3)c) k>1 and k<-1 --> forgot to multiply it by 2 root 5

8)b) I made (cos A + sin A)/(cosA - sinA) = 1/2 ... then I made (cosA+ sinA = 1)

9)b) and c) ... for 9b I found du/dx=1 and dv/=1 but I used the product rule instead of the quotient rule so I got the answer wrong. For 9c I said k is negative so my wrong dy/dx will always be positive (I even subbed in two figures to back it up and I concluded that it was an increasing function)

You should get at least some of the marks for 2c), 3c) 8b), 9b) and 9c) :smile:
Think I got 75/75 but it wasn't exactly a standard c3 paper but it wasn't particularly difficult. Chin up everyone there's always a chance with c4
I thought it was good - especially compared to some of the past papers - although I know I lost marks on some of the questions I am feeling quite good about it :smile:
Original post by candol
sorry just seen question. hard to go from sec2a, tan2A side of things

No I got the first part we are discussing the second part of the question
Original post by Emmi12345
You should get at least some of the marks for 2c), 3c) 8b), 9b) and 9c) :smile:

Thanks. Do you think that I could get 2 marks for 2c?
I made cosA+sinA=1 and cosA-sinA=2 then used simultanious equations to leave me with 2sinA=-1 - bit of an iffy method
Original post by TheVIllageGeek
Thanks. Do you think that I could get 2 marks for 2c?

No, unfortunately if you didn't even begin to work out the second answer, I don't think you will get two marks, sorry. :frown: If you get a really generous examiner then you might just get them. If you simply forgot to write it down at the end or put the wrong answer for the second one at the last second, then yes you will get 2.

Latest

Trending

Trending