The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hahahhaah this pretty much sums up how i am feeling after bio nd chem nd now C3! :frown:
Really scared, I've definitely dropped about 30 marks on this paper I reckon I need about 65-70 UMS in C4 now for an A, what if the paper is really hard :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elm Tree
You should be fine

alright cheers :smile:
Original post by Holdaboss
Really scared, I've definitely dropped about 30 marks on this paper I reckon I need about 65-70 UMS in C4 now for an A, what if the paper is really hard :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think positive, if C3 is hard then it's likely that they'll make C4 easier/standard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anonwinner
What did everyone get for 10 b and c? I only had like 5 mins to do the entire question because I didn't think there was 10 questions!

lol the sudden panic attacks xD
So i totally didn't write tanA=sinA/cosA therefore cosA = sinA/p lol
Original post by Braddy16
Think positive, if C3 is hard then it's likely that they'll make C4 easier/standard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The trend so far this year has been make stats hard, make mechanics easy, make core hard, so it'll probably be a tough c4 paper
Original post by Braddy16

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know I need to. It's just I've been so confident in Maths for the past 2 years and I would have loved to have smashed it today to put my mind at ease.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They seem to be wording questions very weirdly this year and its ****ing me over... Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn, I feel really bad about being really confident about my mark in this...

Even if I did bad, I've still got next year to try again :wink: Y12 FM ftw!
How many marks for each of these answers? Could anyone care to help? pretty please

1)c) cot(pheta-45) = 1/tan(pheta-45)

2)c) I stupidly only solved the answer for one of the values, which was In(3.5)

3)c) k>1 and k<-1 --> forgot to multiply it by 2 root 5

8)b) I made (cos A + sin A)/(cosA - sinA) = 1/2 ... then I made (cosA+ sinA = 1)

9)b) and c) ... for 9b I found du/dx=1 and dv/=1 but I used the product rule instead of the quotient rule so I got the answer wrong. For 9c I said k is negative so my wrong dy/dx will always be positive (I even subbed in two figures to back it up and I concluded that it was an increasing function)

So many stupid mistakes...and I know I am pushing my luck with those answers, but if I were get or 1 or even 2 more marks from those them I would feel more secure haha
For an A* is it 90 in c3 and 90 in c4 individually. ..or is it 180ums from both...like 85 in c3 and 95 in c4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it's an average, you can get 80 and 100 lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dante991
Yeah it's an average, you can get 80 and 100 lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aah so if I get about 85ums on this and at least 95ums on c4 and an 80 average over everything else....then that'll be an A*?....you've just made my day by telling me this :biggrin::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Datta10
Aah so if I get about 85ums on this and at least 95ums on c4 and an 80 average over everything else....then that'll be an A*?....you've just made my day by telling me this :biggrin::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep!
Does anyone know when the official grade boundaries come out? Is it the night before results day?
Original post by sophia_e
looking at arsey's answers I think I got around 65 on this paper, does anyone have an idea to what UMS roughly this would be? (I think I ****ed up big time on M1 so I need a rough guide for what I need in C4 for an A overall). I got 256 UMS last year

65/75 on C3 is normally about 87/100 UMS which is an a, but I think this year it'll be more like 90/100 UMS and a* due to low grade boundaries!
If I labeled the graphs with just the number of the point it crosses, rather than the co-ordinate, (e.g (3,0) ) will I still get the mark or will I get penalised?! :redface:
Original post by JulianS96
Hey guys i wrote (sqrt)20 instead of 2(sqrt)5.
The reason i wrote this is because is past papers they specifically wanted it as a whole surd so that's what i put as my answer. Would I drop marks for this or not?

Not unless the question specifically asked for it to be simplified, which it didn't in this case!
Original post by Elolel
Hahahhaah this pretty much sums up how i am feeling after bio nd chem nd now C3! :frown:

haha biology was stupid!! C3 was harder than normal and I didn't do chemistry but if edexcel had anything to do with it, I feel for you!

Latest

Trending

Trending