The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by gcsestuff
Just read them I think I'll try and do the ones from A to R depending on time :smile: just need 67 to secure my overall B :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

B?
67/75 or 67%?
Sorry, 67 ums so a high c :smile:

I'm 17 ums of getting a B overall in maths. So I just need to increase last years 50 in c3 to get my B :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey guys, just want to now your opinions about the sort of weird topics that have never come up before. Eg factor formulae and working out cos (arcsinx) etc? Exam Solutions has a few videos but I've never seen them.

Have these never come up, because they're in the syllabus but edexcel doesn't really want to ask about them, or because we're due them?

Honest question, a couple of these concepts are a bit tricky, I'm learning them anyway just in case but what do you guys think?
Reply 823
Original post by Sathya_James
Hey guys, just want to now your opinions about the sort of weird topics that have never come up before. Eg factor formulae and working out cos (arcsinx) etc? Exam Solutions has a few videos but I've never seen them.

Have these never come up, because they're in the syllabus but edexcel doesn't really want to ask about them, or because we're due them?

Honest question, a couple of these concepts are a bit tricky, I'm learning them anyway just in case but what do you guys think?

good idea
I need 96/100 in C3 to get A* in maths
Original post by Sathya_James

Can you give me some more examples :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could anyone explain how the range of y = 2e^3x + 11 is f(x) > 13 ??
Original post by frankiejayx
Could anyone explain how the range of y = 2e^3x + 11 is f(x) > 13 ??

Are you given a domain?
That's not true for all x
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Are you given a domain?
That's not true for all x

Oh yes! domain was x>0 that makes sense now!
help with part d please
Reply 830
' f does not have an inverse because it is a 'many to one function' why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by studentwiz
help with part d please

Is this from an actual past paper, or solomon etc.?
Original post by randlemcmurphy
Is this from an actual past paper, or solomon etc.?

yeah IAL paper
Only one-to-one functions have inverses. For a many-to-one function to to be inverted, it would give many outputs for each input... Defying the logic of a function
help with part d please

What's this question from?
Imagine a horizontal line on the f(x) graph. This has equation f(x) = k as it is just a constant value. Now where can you put that line where it intercepts the graph twice, giving two roots? There are two important points to consider: when the graph changes direction, and the boundary of the domain.
https://07a69ccf283966549a9350d1a66951a7bc96e2dc.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYZ0JQM1NRcmdHdXM/January%202014%20(IAL)%20QP%20-%20C34%20Edexcel.pdf

here the question, below where it crosses the y axis gives two roots how would I find the the point below
Original post by Zeus579
I need 96/100 in C3 to get A* in maths

Have you already done c4 last year?
Original post by gcsestuff
Can you give me some more examples :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The factor formulae where you have to make P+Q = A or something

Arccos arcsin arctan graphs too, have they ever come up?
can someone explain part b please how would you work it out?
can someone explain part b please how would you work it out?

You want to find values such that (dh/dt) > 0. This means the rate of change is positive, hence an increase. So just find the critical value when dh/dt = 0 and you can work out the range of values from there

Latest

Trending

Trending