History and Politics reading list? Watch

BobbiQ
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi!

I'm applying for the History and Politics course at several universities, and I was wondering if anybody knows how to get access to the reading list for these subjects?

I've got an interview coming up, and I thought I might as well start reading something that is actually recommended for the course.

(Sorry if this is not the appropriate way to ask. I am new to this forum.)
Airmed
  • Volunteer Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What university have you applied to that's interviewing?! I've applied for history and politics too but I'm not being asked for interview!
It's a tricky one that, I've been looking for recommended books too (also asked here and got told it's best to know the books that you've mentioned in your personal statement if applicable, and your relevant A Level courses well) but I can't find any.
BobbiQ
Rep:
?
I'm interviewing at Oxford in about a week's time. Not that the benefit of a reading list would be confined to that, it's just that it's something one might want to draw on at an interview..

I don't see why the reading list (which is apparently endless anyway) could not be included on the faculty website. I mean that way you could prepare yourself for the course in yet another way!

By the way, what universities have you applied for? Once I've been rejected from Oxford we might end up at the same place.
Airmed
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was going to apply for Oxford, but I didn't really like the political modules. I would have went for History but the HAT scared me.
I hate how reading lists aren't up for history and politics. It's quite annoying.

Let's see...Dundee, St Andrews, Glasgow, York and Queens' Belfast. Don't think you'll be rejected!
BobbiQ
Rep:
?
Don't let stuff like that scare you, it's all worth a shot! On the other hand the HAT is without doubt the weakest part of my application, so who's talking..

Wow, I bet Belfast would be a really cool place to live and study! So are the rest though. I too have applied to St Andrews btw. Heard anything yet?
Airmed
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I live in Northern Ireland and I kinda hate it here, so I'm really hoping to get out.
I've heard nothing back yet. Scottish unis are a bit slow off the mark to reply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.46%
No - but I will (38)
6.85%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.67%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (261)
47.03%

Watched Threads