OCR B Advancing Physics (modules 4 and 5)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Guest Rob
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I thought this was really quite a nice set of papers, the clockwork universe paper was easier than the field and particles paper, but apart from the question about an electromagnetic choke, there wasn't too much to catch you out on.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
shut up u tart
Guest Rob
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
shut up u tart
How nice.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I thought they were a gift, both of them.

What did you suggest for reducing the dose of radiation to the astronauts? A mate suggested that they stay at one end of the ship ... *rolls eyes*.
I suggested that they wrap some lead around the thingy, and don't have it at max power output constantly, only use it when they need it.
Guest Rob
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I said that they could either reduce the power, or encase the reactor in a denser material such as aluminium or a small amount of lead to reduce the amount of high-energy particles escaping. Though I forgot to make reference to the table of stats...

The other hard one was the electromagnetic choke question. Still to this day I have no dea what that was getting at.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Stick the core into the supplies as they wont get harmed (as they are already dead)
Guest Rob
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by elpaw
Stick the core into the supplies as they wont get harmed (as they are already dead)
aah, of course... bugger. i knew that diagram would have something to do with it but i had no idea at the time.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I thought that both papers were a piece of piss, the only part that i struggled with was the electromagnetic choke question. No idea how to answer that one!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Paper 5 was ok, the second one was well hard.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (260)
33.85%
No (508)
66.15%

Watched Threads