My university is really bad Watch

john pyle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
When i first applied to university they said that they didn't have my course (computer science) but they could transfer me to another campus of theirs which does have my course. So i went along with it and had my interview in their other campus (which is 2hrs away) everything went well, i got accepted and the uni looked great at first. However now that I've been going for a few months I've realized that the uni is really bad, already 2/3 students have been kicked out and the ones that are still there behave like morons, the teachers don't do anything about it and lessons are canceled constantly so i waste money traveling there for no reason. Furthermore when we're actually learning stuff in class the lecturer constantly stops to spoon feed some other students and we never actually finish the lecture. I just wonder to myself how these people got into the uni in the first place.

Anyway i want to transfer back to the other uni since they now do my course, and that uni is really good. I know because when i was in college doing my alevels we would go there sometimes for extra curricular activities and my cousin went there for 4 years and she said it was great, furthermore that uni is only 20 mins away from my house by bus which would save me £15 a day on transport. Is there any chance i would get transferred since they are part of the same uni but different campuses or will i just have to drop out and re apply? :confused:
Ciranore
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Where is it you go?
Juichiro
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ciranore)
Where is it you go?
I second this question.
moment of truth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can email the uni and ask if they will let you transfer.

Good luck
username1221160
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can always ask about a transfer.

Otherwise, drop out and go to a decent university (assuming you didn't get crap A levels).
VannR
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Transfer. End of story.

P.S. Could you say what university this is? I'm applying for comp sci next year and I want to avoid going wherever that is!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads