How many subjects do you need to get into most uni's? (Fm Gen. Chat - THINK Campaign)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Hayley_2k4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Because I’m in sixth form, taking AVCE double award ICT, and AVCE double award health and social (worth four A-levels at end of two years). And I have no extra room for any more subjects. Both my courses are two years long, and I really want to go to uni, but my teacher said I might need another subject?

:confused: confusing...
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Its tricky, normally 3 A levels and sometimes an AS, but if you want to go to a top uni then you'll have problems because some dont like AVCEs, if in doubt email the deptment your interested in and ask them what they think
Darkness
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Hayley_2k4)
Because I?m in sixth form, taking AVCE double award ICT, and AVCE double award health and social (worth four A-levels at end of two years). And I have no extra room for any more subjects. Both my courses are two years long, and I really want to go to uni, but my teacher said I might need another subject?

In my opinion, this is sufficient. However, it depends on the uni and you should check places you're interested in for typical offers.

~Darkness~
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Hayley_2k4)
Because I’m in sixth form, taking AVCE double award ICT, and AVCE double award health and social (worth four A-levels at end of two years). And I have no extra room for any more subjects. Both my courses are two years long, and I really want to go to uni, but my teacher said I might need another subject?

Unis often have specific policies on AVCEs, so contact admissions tutors to check.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (43)
7.75%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (43)
7.75%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (132)
23.78%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (75)
13.51%
No, nothing has changed (174)
31.35%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (88)
15.86%

Watched Threads