How many units of alcohol per week is 'healthy'? Watch

UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
How can I drink alcohol with my mates and not gain a beer belly? What is a healthy amount per week in units? I dont mind getting drunk once in a while but I also dont want to gain a beer belly for having too much alcohol.

I do go to the gym but I want to have a healthy and regulated amount of alcohol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Queen Cersei
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
How can I drink alcohol with my mates and not gain a beer belly? What is a healthy amount per week in units? I dont mind getting drunk once in a while but I also dont want to gain a beer belly for having too much alcohol.

I do go to the gym but I want to have a healthy and regulated amount of alcohol

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is from the NHS site... alcohol will inhibit muscle growth though so if you are gymming all the time I reckon drink the least you can!

• Men should drink no more than 21 units of alcohol per week, no more than four units in any one day, and have at least two alcohol-free days a week.
  • Women should drink no more than 14 units of alcohol per week, no more than three units in any one day, and have at least two alcohol-free days a week.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Queen Cersei)
This is from the NHS site... alcohol will inhibit muscle growth though so if you are gymming all the time I reckon drink the least you can!

• Men should drink no more than 21 units of alcohol per week, no more than four units in any one day, and have at least two alcohol-free days a week.
  • Women should drink no more than 14 units of alcohol per week, no more than three units in any one day, and have at least two alcohol-free days a week.
Wow, sexist.
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonynous)
Wow, sexist.
Not really... they do stipulate that this is for an average person and individuals will be different, but the average woman does have a lower alcohol tolerance just because of biological differences.
miser
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Beer belly is just a phenomenon of a greater caloric intake than your caloric expenditure. If you consume more energy than you use, you have this caloric surplus, which results in putting on weight. Alcoholic drinks have calories the same as other things we consume, so to avoid a beer belly you will need to avoid consuming too much food as well as however many calories you are consuming from beer.
pane123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Green_Pink)
Not really... they do stipulate that this is for an average person and individuals will be different, but the average woman does have a lower alcohol tolerance just because of biological differences.
I suspect he was joking.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (260)
38.86%
No - but I will (46)
6.88%
No - I don't want to (49)
7.32%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (314)
46.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise