Mum refuses to do anything? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Basically, she has been suffering from some mental health problems so I understand that she can't work, but she refuses to even go out the house even though she complains about having nothing to do all day (she has no friends either). I'm leaving for uni next year so can't sit around looking after her all the time, but don't know what to do? She has depression but there's no one else to support her?
Safiya122
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you spoken to her about this? About her complaining of having nothing to do yet she does have stuff to do? Tell her how you feel about this.
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
She refuses to leave the house? What kind of fears have consumed her? Didn't she do all the grocery shopping when you were young?
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Refusing to go outside can be part of suffering from a mental illness, even when people want to go out they might find it too difficult to do. Have you tried getting your mum to see a doctor? You could offer to go with her if that helps.
Ki Yung Na
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As Sabertooth said. Arrange for her to see a doctor, they can arrange for her to be referred to a more appropriate professional. But before that, you should talk to her about this as it can be an uncomfortable consideration. Explain it's in her interests and yours too that people can help her if she's willing to try.

Good Luck op.
democracyforum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When did this start ?
Was there a time she was "normal ?
What were the circumstances ?
What has changed ?

Are these feelings triggered by something ?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone thanks for the replies. Basically,she will go out the house to do shopping but other than that she refuses to meet up with new people and is very reluctant to make an effort in doing things like hobbies (she has no hobbies).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.82%
No - but I will (114)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (102)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.36%

Watched Threads