The Student Room Group

How many case studies do we need at A2?

Right now i have four topics to learn (OCR) and each topic has 160 case studies, I know i will not be able to remember them all.
How many will i need per topic roughly? (earth hazards, climate hazards, population and resources, development and inequality)
Thank you!
If you look at the spec it specifies how many you need minimum, I would learn a couple more for each subtopic than it says though eg 3/4 for mass movement not 2. 160 is ridiculous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by sarahiscool
If you look at the spec it specifies how many you need minimum, I would learn a couple more for each subtopic than it says though eg 3/4 for mass movement not 2. 160 is ridiculous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
Ikr? I have 8 or 9 for each sub topic and there are roughly 5 sub topics for each of my main topics :/
it's quality not quantity, yes there may be minimums, but you can do better with the minimum number of case studies that are good quality and link well rather than more that aren't good quality. Also remember have a mix of well known and ones that will make the examiner think, also do up to date, can even include examples from day of the exam.
Reply 4
Original post by JustHoping
Right now i have four topics to learn (OCR) and each topic has 160 case studies, I know i will not be able to remember them all.
How many will i need per topic roughly? (earth hazards, climate hazards, population and resources, development and inequality)
Thank you!

160 is far to many. from what i remember the ocr textbooks do provide a lot of case studies in too much detail for my liking. i never used the textbooks in A2 but i had around 2 case studies for each part of every topic e.g. for earth hazards (2 for mass movement, 2 for volcanoes etc.). if there is a specific topic that you find really interesting or has been in the news recently then you could do more research and find more case studies for it. i found that making a case study from my own research meant i knew it so well revision for it was easier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending