The Student Room Group

Dropping out of sixthform

So I'm currently in sixthform studying btec business and I hate it!
It's not just the subject in general its everything; the sixth form I go to, the people there
I want to leave school and do a apprenticeship but everyone keeps telling me to just stay in sixth form as I'll have a better chance of getting a good job if I go to uni
Because I hate it so much I'm never motivated to do work so I'm always so behind
I really don't know what to do?!
Original post by embarrassment
So I'm currently in sixthform studying btec business and I hate it!
It's not just the subject in general its everything; the sixth form I go to, the people there
I want to leave school and do a apprenticeship but everyone keeps telling me to just stay in sixth form as I'll have a better chance of getting a good job if I go to uni
Because I hate it so much I'm never motivated to do work so I'm always so behind
I really don't know what to do?!

I thought you're an Economics and Politics undergraduate? You did say that a few days ago... :rolleyes:
" I'm studying... Economics and politics

My study level is... University undergraduate"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Drop out, if you think that's best for you. I mean it's pointless you staying at sixth form because of others and lacking any motivation to do any work..
Have you considered going to a different sixth form? Because honestly, at my school there was a lot of immature people, but now that I'm at sixth form I'm having a much better experience; everyone is much more polite and respectful, so as you said yourself, perhaps it's just the sixth form you go to in particular. You could also consider changing courses. But if its really not what you want to do, then definitely go for an apprenticeship because there's no point doing something you're totally disinterested in. Got any particular career in mind for the future?
That's funny, in the space of 5 days you've gone from being depressed at City University to depressed at a Sixth Form doing a BTEC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Wanna make your mind up before we proceed, OP?

Original post by Mr.Econometrics
I thought you're an Economics and Politics undergraduate? You did say that a few days ago... :rolleyes:

I'm using my sisters account

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending