Australia or New Zealand?? Watch

gapyear2015
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Looking at going travelling in February through BUNAC, but cant decide between Australia or New Zealand as my destination. Has anyone been to these countries? What would you recommend?
jadys10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gapyear2015)
Looking at going travelling in February through BUNAC, but cant decide between Australia or New Zealand as my destination. Has anyone been to these countries? What would you recommend?
I would recommended Australia because it is bigger and has more diversity, you have the desert and also coastline, urban areas like Sydney and beaches. It's currently summer there so it's probably quite nice. New Zealand is smaller but it's also a nice place. Not as crowded. Maybe you could go both? Like take a boat trip and stay in the other place for a few days.
Everglow
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I've moved your thread into the Travel forum for more relevant responses.
CatnipGlows
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
New Zealand is similar to Australia, but with less things that will kill you.
lofthouse13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Very different country. Australia much variety,many points of interest: Sydney opera house,Harbour bridge etc. New Zealand beautiful from the point of view wild nature.. We were stay in Wellington last year. We booked Ibis Wellington hotel through the http://tripvariator.co.uk . You can check this option if you decide to go the NZ. But both countries are very interesting in their own way
España
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well after previously visiting Australia, in my opinion it's nice but very over-priced. That's my opinion though. What are you wanting to do whilst travelling (work/sight-see/trips)? Plus, I wouldn't both going with BUNAC or any company in all fairness. You can arrange everything yourself for a cheaper price and plus you'll be more flexible. There's lots of websites that you can use to find work/volunteering if that's what you're looking for.
spanker
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
New Zealand!

Never seen the appeal for Australia to be honest, plus I am going to New Zealand around March time!
Just getting a driving license then BYE BYE ENGLAND!
Emma:-)
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Australia
cdude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
NZ all the way.

Oz is full of lager louts.
BUNAC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,
That's a tough decision, both countries offer an unforgettable experience. If you need help deciding we are holding lots of Work Abroad Talks around the country at STA Travel Stores and one of the guys will give you the low-down on working abroad and you'll have the opportunity to get your questions answered too.

You can find a list of our current events here:

http://www.bunac.org/uk/bunac/events

Thanks,

Sam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (285)
37.75%
No - but I will (53)
7.02%
No - I don't want to (55)
7.28%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (362)
47.95%

Watched Threads