Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay,

so I'm beginning to plan my first PC that I am going to build now, which I hope to order the parts April - June next year. I've chosen Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3, an FX 6300 with a coolermaster hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler and an MSI GTX 970. I don't want to decide on any of my other components yet until I've chosen a case that will accommodate all of this.

A problem I had with my current case is that my GTX 970 wouldn't fit so I had to cut out part of the HDD bay to fit it in, so I don't want a repeat of that. At the moment, I have no price budget so any recommendations would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    It's not the newest case on the market, but I've got an Antec 300 which is REALLY good for the price. It's got plenty of space inside for my GTX 560Ti and also comes with two controllable Antec fans which are really nice (but quite loud on high speeds).

There is also space for another two 120mm fans in the front and another on the side. It's a full ATX so nice and big and it's got a solid metal construction

It's quite a simple case, but even if you are looking for something with more lighting and fancy stuff (not my cup of tea but each to their own) then Antec is definitely worth looking at.

It's also worth mentioning that Antec have absolutely top notch customer service, and spare parts are really easy to source no matter where you are.

ReputationRep:
    I went for the Corsair 230T in burnt orange when I built my current rig, but that's because I like orange a lot.

If I were to build a new rig now, I'd go for a Corsair Obsidian series case, like the 350D.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I went for the Corsair 230T in burnt orange when I built my current rig, but that's because I like orange a lot.

If I were to build a new rig now, I'd go for a Corsair Obsidian series case, like the 350D.
    I must admit, I do really like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlconH)
    I must admit, I do really like that!
    I really like the Obsidian series of cases. They have excellent build quality and component management whilst having a gloriously understated, but classy design.

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking through a lot of different brands and I will defo be going for a Corsair one. Dunno what it is about them (all series. Currently edging towards this one http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/carbide...er-gaming-case) but I love them.

They also include clear detail on the actual clearance the case has for CPU coolers and the GPU, which I saw sites like Cooler Master and NZXT lacked

ReputationRep:
    I really like the Obsidian series of cases. They have excellent build quality and component management whilst having a gloriously understated, but classy design.
    I think I've found the candidates for my next rig

ReputationRep:
    If I was building a MATX build, I'd bin my 500r and buy: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsa...for-revolution

You're able to move the feet and flip the case badge. Have the window panel on top = overwhelmingly smexy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm such a Corsair fan boy :lol:

Got their case, PSU, memory and a keyboard. They know how to do good quality.

ReputationRep:

Haha, same here! I've got a Antec 300, TX850, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) and a Raptor K50.

Always been extremely impressed by their customer service and their RMA process is second to none.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, same here! I've got a Antec 300, TX850, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) and a Raptor K50.

Always been extremely impressed by their customer service and their RMA process is second to none.
    Nice! 850W PSU is big man! I' running their CS650M, 8GB Vengeance and a Vengeance K70 keyboard. All great stuff!

ReputationRep:

Agreed.

I have a Zalman Z9 case, and love it. Nice temp display on the front.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nice! 850W PSU is big man! I' running their CS650M, 8GB Vengeance and a Vengeance K70 keyboard. All great stuff!
    Tell me about it, was originally running a CX750, but it died on me after 11 months. RMA'd it and I didn't want the same PSU twice for obvious reasons, and they offered a TX850 as a replacement. Couldn't say no to that beauty, that's for sure!

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it, was originally running a CX750, but it died on me after 11 months. RMA'd it and I didn't want the same PSU twice for obvious reasons, and they offered a TX850 as a replacement. Couldn't say no to that beauty, that's for sure!
    You just can't go wrong with that.

OP - looks like we have a solid case for Corsair products building up here! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    You just can't go wrong with that.

OP - looks like we have a solid case for Corsair products building up here! :lol:
    A brilliant experience from me all round.

**chant** CORSAIR! CORSAIR! CORSAIR! **/chant**
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Pft, no headset or cooler yet?
    I'm just waiting for an excuse to buy a nice Corsair keyboard, whether that be mine "breaking" or a nice offer being on somewhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I'm just waiting for an excuse to buy a nice Corsair keyboard, whether that be mine "breaking" or a nice offer being on somewhere
    Nah. Headset I've got covered already and stock cooler is all I need. CBA with OC.

ReputationRep:
    Nah. Headset I've got covered already and stock cooler is all I need. CBA with OC.
    Glad I'm not the only one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Trust me, Corsair keyboards are seriously worth it!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Trust me, Corsair keyboards are seriously worth it!
    I am aware, as are mechanical in general, but some others see it as a waste of £100+

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.