What music do you listen to while revising/working? Watch

wildeskills
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The title sums it up really. I listen to classical and instrumental versions of lots of different genres so I don't sing along and get distracted but I'm interested to hear what others listen to and why.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The only music I can work to is quiet classical or ambient music. I can't concentrate with anything more, but to be honest I mostly revise without music.
wildeskills
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chlorophile)
The only music I can work to is quiet classical or ambient music. I can't concentrate with anything more, but to be honest I mostly revise without music.
Any recommendations? I mostly listen to The Cinematic Orchestra, Gershwin, Mahler, Brahms, Bach etc
.midnight_sun.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can't revise with music playing in the background even if it's classical...it's very distracting.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wildeskills)
Any recommendations? I mostly listen to The Cinematic Orchestra, Gershwin, Mahler, Brahms, Bach etc
Things like this or this often help me.
Edminzodo
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have a playlist with soundtracks from the Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, The Social Network, Civilization etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
wildeskills
Rep:
?
Things like this or this often help me.
However much I love the skyrim theme tune can it not be a bit dramatic at times?
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wildeskills)
However much I love the skyrim theme tune can it not be a bit dramatic at times?
It's not the Skyrim theme tune It's the quiet ambient wind and nature sound effects you get when exploring the world minus the music. Listen to it, it's wonderful.
wildeskills
Rep:
?
It's not the Skyrim theme tune It's the quiet ambient wind and nature sound effects you get when exploring the world minus the music. Listen to it, it's wonderful.
Ah OK that makes slightly more sense, will try it
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm working on a playlist now. I've tried classical in the past, but I'm way too picky with exactly what I listen to. I'm generally a huge fan of opera/instrumentals for revision because it's the only thing that keeps my mind occupied and because there's no singing I don't get distracted. (I know there's singing in opera but I don't understand wtf they're saying so it still works. :borat:) Also, according to Reddit video game music seems to be the best for concentration so I'm on the search for more of that.

Aaannyway, so far I have:
Spoiler:
Show

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.06%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.43%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (51)
20.48%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (37)
14.86%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (31)
12.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (74)
29.72%

Watched Threads