EU sues the UK & take us to court to give immigrants more benefits Watch

Ace123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The EU is suing the UK and taking us to EU courts to demand that the UK pays immigrants more benefits. The EU want all restrictions removed from immigrants claiming child benefits & child tax credits even those immigrants who have children in other countries! If the UK loses we will have to pay immigrants all the benefits or face huge fines.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-handouts.html
Skip_Snip
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How is what they demand remotely justified?
missfats
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hence why we should leave the EU

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everglow
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Moved to UK Politics.
midgemeister7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As long as they're working here I don't see why it really matters
und3niable_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by midgemeister7)
As long as they're working here I don't see why it really matters
This. ****ing sick of xenophobia in this country; I only hope when I move abroad people don't treat me as badly as English people treat anyone who's slightly different or not born here.
midgemeister7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by und3niable_)
This. ****ing sick of xenophobia in this country; I only hope when I move abroad people don't treat me as badly as English people treat anyone who's slightly different or not born here.
Agreed - tbh I prefer immigrants a lot of the time anyway, they're so much nicer than most English people aha.

Also, if a typical UKIP supporter/Daily Mail reader one day wished to emigrate to help their family but found out that actually they would not be supported by their new government, I've no doubt that they'd kick up a right fuss. Double standards brought about by a false idea of superiority and entitlement.
sdotd
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Spain has a much fairer benefit system where you have to contribute first to get benefits
william walker
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So you are generalising and being xenophobic while complaining about other people being xenophobic. Bully to you.

I employ 4 people who are EU immigrants, I force them to learn English and British history as I see it. Otherwise I sack them. I have sacked 3 people who didn't improve a quickly as I liked or refused to do what I wanted. No doubt I am xenophobic in your view for forcing these people to become British and improve. As I am Loyalist and want to reinforce my culture, language and way of life to have a stable culture, economic freedom and geopolitical power.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Try claiming welfare benfits abroad first before you start going off on one.
william walker
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by midgemeister7)
Agreed - tbh I prefer immigrants a lot of the time anyway, they're so much nicer than most English people aha.

Also, if a typical UKIP supporter/Daily Mail reader one day wished to emigrate to help their family but found out that actually they would not be supported by their new government, I've no doubt that they'd kick up a right fuss. Double standards brought about by a false idea of superiority and entitlement.
British people would have the capital needed to leave Britain without the support of their government. So why would UKIP make a fuss about the government leaving people alone?
ernstol
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you certainly can in the eu... Why do you guys not realize that we are all equal as humans and that no one deserves better just becuase they are from a different country...
und3niable_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by william walker)
So you are generalising and being xenophobic while complaining about other people being xenophobic. Bully to you.

I employ 4 people who are EU immigrants, I force them to learn English and British history as I see it. Otherwise I sack them. I have sacked 3 people who didn't improve a quickly as I liked or refused to do what I wanted. No doubt I am xenophobic in your view for forcing these people to become British and improve. As I am Loyalist and want to reinforce my culture, language and way of life to have a stable culture, economic freedom and geopolitical power.
English and English culture yes. English history...why? Obviously you 'teaching' them history will be from a biased subjective view, rather than them actually being interested in it and pursuing knowledge. And there's nothing wrong with that. I mean the active "Us and them" mentality so prevalent.

(Original post by MatureStudent36)
Try claiming welfare benefits abroad first before you start going off on one.
My aim is to study and work, not claim benefits. But if I had to choose I'd go to Germany, their system is most like ours.
zedeneye1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by william walker)

I can only imagine how successful your business is....no offense.
InnerTemple
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is the Daily Mail recycling a fairly long running story which has been going on for a while now.
Jemner01
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Time frame and validity of the article aside- why should taxpayers have to provide for immigrants? They come here to work or to take refuge, I don't see why they should be paid for simply being immigrants (or being poor for that matter, although that's not an immigrant-specific issue).
InnerTemple
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jemner01)
Time frame and validity of the article aside- why should taxpayers have to provide for immigrants? They come here to work or to take refuge, I don't see why they should be paid for simply being immigrants (or being poor for that matter, although that's not an immigrant-specific issue).
The idea is that they are treated the same as UK citizens so long as they pass the habitual residence test.
william walker
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zedeneye1)
I can only imagine how successful your business is....no offense.
I made £100,000 profit after tax last year and have just doubled the assets sheet of my business and employ 9 people from 4 last year because I have just have a £1.2 million contract over 3 years with £250,000 up front.

So I am doing rather well. I also own 3 houses and have bought the land to build a forth for myself.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
English and English culture yes. English history...why? Obviously you 'teaching' them history will be from a biased subjective view, rather than them actually being interested in it and pursuing knowledge. And there's nothing wrong with that. I mean the active "Us and them" mentality so prevalent.

My aim is to study and work, not claim benefits. But if I had to choose I'd go to Germany, their system is most like ours.
Would that be the German system that has banned foreigners from claiming benefits if they haven't paid into the system?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ss-eu-migrants
william walker
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes.

I teach them about the Glorious Revolution, English Bill of Rights and British governmental system. The basis of the law in Britain. It is a simple half hour talk I do once a week until they understand.

If everybody is the same culturally there is no them and us, only we. I want a mono-culture where everybody has the same cultural belief and supports the governmental system. I even tell them where the local Anglican Church is if they want to go. I myself an not a Anglican.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (215)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
6.93%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.57%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise