Test advice please Watch

Ickledee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I have my test this week and I'm starting to panic a little. When approaching a roundabout, how does the examiner generally give the instruction? I mean, if I've to take a right, will they usually say that it's a right or will they just say 3rd exit? Thankyou
Mr.Econometrics
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ickledee)
Hi, I have my test this week and I'm starting to panic a little. When approaching a roundabout, how does the examiner generally give the instruction? I mean, if I've to take a right, will they usually say that it's a right or will they just say 3rd exit? Thankyou
They'll say the exit number, or if they don't say anything, assume they're asking you to go straight ahead. Good luck for the test.
tinkerbell_xxx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
On my test they said " There is a roundabout coming up, take the first exit" or whichever exit they want you to take.
If there are two roundabouts close together they will tell you both exits but you can ask again if you need to

On the independant driving section, they just tell you to follow signs to a certain place
Ickledee
Rep:
?
Thanks guys, my hubby is teaching me so I don't have a 'driving instructor' to ask. Lane positioning at the larger roundabouts is what I struggle with most. I like to hear a left, straight ahead or right so I can get into the correct lane promptly hoping for some straight forward 4 exit roundabouts
tinkerbell_xxx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ickledee)
Thanks guys, my hubby is teaching me so I don't have a 'driving instructor' to ask. Lane positioning at the larger roundabouts is what I struggle with most. I like to hear a left, straight ahead or right so I can get into the correct lane promptly hoping for some straight forward 4 exit roundabouts
I've had two tests and they have never said left, straight or right. They always specify the exit number before you approach so you have time to get into the correct lane
Ickledee
Rep:
?
(Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
I've had two tests and they have never said left, straight or right. They always specify the exit number before you approach so you have time to get into the correct lane
Thankyou, that's very helpful. I like to know what to expect
username1253532
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I had a driving test today and the examiner told me once to take the "second exit to the right" which I thought was pretty cool, but other than that, the examiners just say which exit they'd like you to take (unless you're doing independent driving).
Ickledee
Rep:
?
Thanks again all I passed today
tumshie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well done! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.46%
No - but I will (38)
6.85%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.67%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (261)
47.03%

Watched Threads