GCSE biology isa Watch

sophie13768
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm doing a biology ISA next week on the AQA additional science course. We've been given the topic of diffusion, and so I was wondering whether my hypothesis would gain me any marks - 'the higher the concentration of a solution, the faster the rate of diffusion through a permeable or partially permeable membrane/material'. I know it's a bit lengthy, so I was wondering whether anyone had any ideas on how I could maybe shorten it? I'm aiming for an A/A*! Many thanks
VioletPhillippo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hiya, you've got the hypothesis spot on but the later bit about the membrane being partially permeable is unnecessary. Don't worry too much about the hypothesis alone it doesn't carry many marks it is how you answer the questions about the hypothesis that counts.

If you have any other general questions about ISAs I'd be happy to help, I did this ISA about a month ago and I got 49/50
sophie13768
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by VioletPhillippo)
Hiya, you've got the hypothesis spot on but the later bit about the membrane being partially permeable is unnecessary. Don't worry too much about the hypothesis alone it doesn't carry many marks it is how you answer the questions about the hypothesis that counts.

If you have any other general questions about ISAs I'd be happy to help, I did this ISA about a month ago and I got 49/50
Thank you, that's so much help! Wow, that's incredible! Ahh well then I'm going to use this practical as my method etc - http://www.gcsesciencemethods.co.uk/...egg-white.html
For the table, would 'concentration of food colouring' and 'length of egg penetrated by food colouring' (including units) be okay? I have no idea how to word the second column!
VioletPhillippo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sophie13768)
Thank you, that's so much help! Wow, that's incredible! Ahh well then I'm going to use this practical as my method etc - http://www.gcsesciencemethods.co.uk/...egg-white.html
For the table, would 'concentration of food colouring' and 'length of egg penetrated by food colouring' (including units) be okay? I have no idea how to word the second column!
Yes that would be absolutely fine
studylife123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Hi im doing my biology isa this week. What do i need to know for paper 2?
VioletPhillippo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by studylife123)
Hi im doing my biology isa this week. What do i need to know for paper 2?
You'll be absolutely fine, I was so nervous and I still did ok- there's nothing nasy in it. I would suggest having a look at the exam board website at past papers because the questions are so similar from year to year and you can get a feeling of how to get full marks in each question as they're very picky. Good luck
studylife123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You'll be absolutely fine, I was so nervous and I still did ok- there's nothing nasy in it. I would suggest having a look at the exam board website at past papers because the questions are so similar from year to year and you can get a feeling of how to get full marks in each question as they're very picky. Good luck
Thank you for the advice. I looked at some past papers but there is so many different questions that could come up and as you said the mark schmes seem to want specific answers. But I guess i'll just have to try my best.
Mal1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
what is question 4 on the isa section one?
please help me
ellefrancessa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I done so badly on my Chemistry ISA! I got 38/50! Hoping my Physics is a lot better though! Still have to do my Biology :mad:
laurenpeart
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
any advice for me?? mine is tomorrow!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (344)
37.84%
No - but I will (72)
7.92%
No - I don't want to (65)
7.15%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (428)
47.08%

Watched Threads