Turn on thread page Beta

I'm currently a second year at uni and I've been single for over 3 years. I was hoping I'd find a decent guy at uni but so far I've only managed to have a brief fling with a guy I know and it ended recently (he turned out to be a bit of a prick). I've not been attracted to ANY other guys the whole time I've been here. The only friends I have here are the ones off my course, I'm not in any societies as there aren't any I'm interested in, and I've just not had the chance to meet many guys at all. If I go out it's usually with my male friends from my course, and I was told that lots of guys stare at me when I'm out but they never come up to me to talk to me. I have never once been approached by a guy and I've always assumed it's because I'm not attractive but now I'm not so sure. Are they just being shy or are they put off by the fact that I'm always with other guys?

I'm sick and tired of being on my own, I don't want to get into a relationship just for the sake of having a boyfriend, I want to find someone I really like and enjoy spending time with. Everyone else seems to be getting into relationships and it sucks :/ I know there are other things that are more important in life but for some reason being single is seriously bothering me.

ReputationRep:
    if you're in Birmingham and like guys in their thirties..............

ReputationRep:
    Tinder? OKCupid?

ReputationRep:
    Go speed dating

(Original post by Cake Faced Kid.)
    Tinder? OKCupid?
    I already have Tinder, I'm not interested in the vast majority of guys on there and I prefer meeting people in person first.

ReputationRep:
    Approach guys you like. If you don't like ANY guys, your standards are too high and you possibly put too much emphasis on appearance. Get to know a wider range of guys and you'll see how awesome people can be.

I am sure there are many thirsty guys on TSR. Just make a TSR post asking guys on a date. I am sure there will be many replies!

(Original post by Groot)
    Approach guys you like. If you don't like ANY guys, your standards are too high and you possibly put too much emphasis on appearance. Get to know a wider range of guys and you'll see how awesome people can be.
    I'm far too shy to approach guys though, that's part of the problem. I have no confidence in myself and I just think I'll get rejected :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm far too shy to approach guys though, that's part of the problem. I have no confidence in myself and I just think I'll get rejected :/
    At some point, you'll be so sick and tired of being alone that you'll be willing to take more risks, like the risk of being rejected. You don't seem to have reached that point yet then.

ReputationRep:
    Men feel the same way.

So you've been through a year and a term of uni and you've only found one guy attractive. Perhaps your standards are too high?

I'd go for online dating: way easier for girls.

(Original post by Eboracum)
    So you've been through a year and a term of uni and you've only found one guy attractive. Perhaps your standards are too high?
    I don't think my standards are too high at all. It's not just their appearance either, a lot of guys here seem to be really immature "lad" types and I'm really not interested in them.

Bump

ReputationRep:
    Your'e not exactly gonna get a bf by being anonymous on a forum, are you?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think my standards are too high at all. It's not just their appearance either, a lot of guys here seem to be really immature "lad" types and I'm really not interested in them.
    What do you see in your dream boy? Or should i rephrase that to man???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Be more social. (Surely this is the most obvious solution for anyone who moans about a lack of partner?)

ReputationRep:
    My offer still stands lol! If yam in Ber-min-gum!

ReputationRep:
    'I have never once been approached by a guy and I've always assumed it's because I'm not attractive but now I'm not so sure. Are they just being shy or are they put off by the fact that I'm always with other guys?'

Two possibilities:-

1. When I am in a club and dancing away, if I see girls with guys I am more cautious - you don;t want to be twerking with a girl and then the bf rocks up! (Although I know the guys might simply be friends.)
    2. You are actually very attractive. If you are a '9' then men who are '7s' and below will not want to touch you as they think they have no chance! You may have to come on
    to them!

(The above assumes you enjoy clubbing which not everybody does.)

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently a second year at uni and I've been single for over 3 years. I was hoping I'd find a decent guy at uni but so far I've only managed to have a brief fling with a guy I know and it ended recently (he turned out to be a bit of a prick). I've not been attracted to ANY other guys the whole time I've been here. The only friends I have here are the ones off my course, I'm not in any societies as there aren't any I'm interested in, and I've just not had the chance to meet many guys at all. If I go out it's usually with my male friends from my course, and I was told that lots of guys stare at me when I'm out but they never come up to me to talk to me. I have never once been approached by a guy and I've always assumed it's because I'm not attractive but now I'm not so sure. Are they just being shy or are they put off by the fact that I'm always with other guys?

I'm sick and tired of being on my own, I don't want to get into a relationship just for the sake of having a boyfriend, I want to find someone I really like and enjoy spending time with. Everyone else seems to be getting into relationships and it sucks :/ I know there are other things that are more important in life but for some reason being single is seriously bothering me.
    Just sit on your bum in a bar.. done

ReputationRep:
    Stop expecting guys to approach you. Go out and approach guys yourself.

/Thread

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.