Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ankreds)
    Guys wa do you think, i have 3 AS modules in january, (bio,chem and psychology) do you think i should start revising from now? If so, for how long a day?
    Why not? Start with just 3 hours a day. 1 hour for any homework you have, and two more hours to go thru the days work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    Why not? Start with just 3 hours a day. 1 hour for any homework you have, and two more hours to go thru the days work.
    I wish that I could spend an hour on homework, I seem to have so much at the moment! I only have a Sociology module in January, and I'm going to start revising from October half term.

ReputationRep:
    Dont overkill on revision otherwise the subject matter can get quite boring and tedious.

ReputationRep:
    No, it will get easier for you to revise later. Define 'overkill'.

ReputationRep:
    lmao
    Gotta love TSR

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's much point in revising yet when you haven't even finished the syllabus, but reviewing your work at the end of each day to make it easier to remember, as well as obviously homework and getting help with anything you don't understand, is definitely a good idea

ReputationRep:
    When I started AS I was partially mental on revision from the word go. Ended up getting 77/90 ICT, 84/90 Chemistry, 98/100 Biology, 96/100 Maths C1. I found that after a while I had done too much revision and as was said previously got very tired of it, and even began to slack off a few weeks before the exams. Then up until the June exams I took a much more relaxed approach and ended up with grades of a similar standard. So in my eyes either way's good, but if you do as everyone has been saying just a bit now and again and increasing the amount as you move closer to the exams, you will do just as good as if you did intense revision from now, without stressing yourself out in the process.

:tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't start until at least the start of November. If you start revising properly too early you (or at least I do) may find that you get so fed up of going over the same material that by the time you get to the exams it will be so tedius. Last year I had 5 exams in January and I started revision at the beginning of December and got an average of 98%. In the Summer I started revision 2 months before the first exam and got an average of 90% (make of that what you will-it's probably just because the second lot of exams were harder)

Anyway, I've waffled on enough. Personally i'd just read through your class notes and check that you understand everything that you have been taught and leave the real revision til nearer the exams

ReputationRep:
    No, it will get easier for you to revise later. Define 'overkill'.
    You get over eager, revise too much, then get bored and tired with the material. You're then less thorough on actual revision before an exam and probably can't be bothered. It happens.

ReputationRep:
    You people are crazy. Why start revising now when we havnt even gone halfway through the course yet???

ReputationRep:
    You'd be surprised, we're already more than half way through psychology, chemistry AND biology.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's half term. I think I'll be definitely going over some of my Sociology which we haven't been taught properly, as this next term is going to be really busy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noobish)
    You people are crazy. Why start revising now when we havnt even gone halfway through the course yet???
    Your user names says it all :rolleyes:
    So that you know the half you have ALREADY done before starting the OTHER half.

Start making revision notes.

Your user names says it all :rolleyes:
    So that you know the half you have ALREADY done before starting the OTHER half.
    :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    What you mean you havent already started? its leaving it a bit late isnt it i started 5 months ago for my AS levels. I do 32 hours a day but i have to go back in time to do that each day because i write so fast.

ReputationRep:
    Do as much as you think you need to do.
    I did about 3 days for my AS Biology January exam last year and got an A, but I'm more of a last minute crammer.
    If you think you need this long then do it - its up to you.
    I can't even keep up with the general day to day work & homework, let alone think about revising.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. I'm planning on drawing up my timetable and starting tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1783)
    What you mean you havent already started? its leaving it a bit late isnt it i started 5 months ago for my AS levels. I do 32 hours a day but i have to go back in time to do that each day because i write so fast.

Er, I really don't understand. Come again.

ReputationRep:
    I leave revision always to the last minute but I have actually started going through my notes and minimising them, I was also thinking of making some powerpoint presentations which may be useful when learning facts.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.