Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who is it? I'm joking.

Long distance relationships are hard, especially when you cant meet often. If its two opposite ends of the country where you have to travel long hours its even harder. If its not too far (two different cities) its not too bad.

Meet first. People arent always the same as they are on msn and on phones. Offer to meet if its not too far and see how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    If it's proper love then distance won't be a problem. You'd make the journey even if it meant only seeing each other for a few hours. Why don't you try meeting half-way? Find a point that's an equal distance between you both and meet there.

I'm guessing you want something more serious with him than what you have at the minute, which is probably why you might be feeling bouts of annoyance, frustration and upset. If you think there's a future with him then you need to at least try. Don't let a few miles get in the way.

Thanks guys
    I'll try and explain to him soon
    (I find it harder because im shy but I still like him lots)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks guys
    I'll try and explain to him soon
    (I find it harder because im shy but I still like him lots)
    Awwww you don't have to worry about explaining When my boyfriend and I decided to get back together again we were worried about all those kinds of things as well, but we do love each other and that's all that matters and that's all that should matter to you both, who cares what other people think or say it's between you both no one else . Have a little chat about it on msn or whatever or a little text. It's easier that way and then when you get enough courage take the conversation to the phone - there and then he'll understand how you feel and hopefully they'll feel the same

Should I just explain my feelings again and see what he says or well I don't know really :p:

ReputationRep:
    Should I just explain my feelings again and see what he says or well I don't know really :p:
    Just tell him how you feel, and that you want to give things a try, even with the distance. See what he thinks.

Ok

ReputationRep:
    i don't think you love him, i think you like him a lot. I hate it that people throw around the word 'love' because they think it sounds good :rolleyes: grr. long distance relationships do sometimes work its just how much both parties are willing to work for it. You clearly like him a lot so I would stop trying to move on and just try and make it work. I'm assuming distance won't be a problem long term, is it a uni situation?! If so then it's really a case of learning to deal with it in the short term. Good luck x

I wasnt actually using "love" as it sounds good but I yes I do like him a lot.
    Its not a uni situation though.

ReputationRep:
    No not yet because of distance I would if I could.
    However I see him via webcam,txt him,msn him,and see him here
    You need to meet him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyEnglish)
    i don't think you love him, i think you like him a lot. I hate it that people throw around the word 'love' because they think it sounds good :rolleyes: grr. long distance relationships do sometimes work its just how much both parties are willing to work for it. You clearly like him a lot so I would stop trying to move on and just try and make it work. I'm assuming distance won't be a problem long term, is it a uni situation?! If so then it's really a case of learning to deal with it in the short term. Good luck x
    I also dislike how some people use it with so little sincerity. But it's just the same as anything else; some people find a thing more sacrosanct than others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyEnglish)
    I suppose when you are in that type of situation yourself, regardless of term length its hard to deal with because you just want to see them. It's hard yes but it can work. It's working for me but yes with the 'love' malarky, people do flamboyantly use it, however some people really do mean it - when I say I love my boyfriend I do mean it, but people still can be in love and like the person a hell of a lot at the same time it's hard to differenciate sometimes but I'm sure you'll find out sooner or later

ReputationRep:
    Don't let distance put you off unless it really is too far away to make travelling there practical.

My gf-to-be lives in Kent, and I live in South Yorkshire, and at first I didn't want to get in a relationship with her because I thought it would be unfair on her, but low and behold, we fell for each other hook, line and sinker, and we're gonna give it a shot starting Saturday. I'll get a train down to my mum's then the next day I'll drive to see her.

Long distance relationships can work, as long as both partners are fully committed. I've had 2 long distance relationships, and they worked fine. They were ended for various other reasons.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.