Met this girl (sorry for long description) Watch

Metadane
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I met this girl on the train and she's gorgeous. She'd just started at the same uni as me and sometimes gets the same train as me on certain days. She smiled at me for a few weeks which I dismissed at first but I finally asked for her number which she gladly gave. We texted back and forth and she said that she was going to introduce herself to me before I did but was too scared. I asked her if she wanted to go out sometime and she said yes. Recently she texted me that she's just had a bad breakup and I replied and she hasn't replied for a while now, what's the deal (why would she want to introduce herself to me if she is bothered about her breakup?) and is there any point in pursuing this? Sorry for the super long description.
jadys10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Metadane)
I met this girl on the train and she's gorgeous. She'd just started at the same uni as me and sometimes gets the same train as me on certain days. She smiled at me for a few weeks which I dismissed at first but I finally asked for her number which she gladly gave. We texted back and forth and she said that she was going to introduce herself to me before I did but was too scared. I asked her if she wanted to go out sometime and she said yes. Recently she texted me that she's just had a bad breakup and I replied and she hasn't replied for a while now, what's the deal (why would she want to introduce herself to me if she is bothered about her breakup?) and is there any point in pursuing this? Sorry for the super long description.
Girls are confusing sometimes. I think she's backing off a bit and made up an excuse. Give her some space and maybe text her later asking how she is. Maybe it's a different problem she's facing right now but she can't tell you so made up a reason.
marinebiogirl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1. That is NOT a long description!

2. How long is "a while"? An hour, a day, a week?

3. Maybe she just wanted to be friends with you? And even if she did/does want to go out with you that doesn't mean she will miraculously get over her break up.

Just let her take her time- don't pester her
Metadane
Rep:
?
(Original post by marinebiogirl)
1. That is NOT a long description!

2. How long is "a while"? An hour, a day, a week?

3. Maybe she just wanted to be friends with you? And even if she did/does want to go out with you that doesn't mean she will miraculously get over her break up.

Just let her take her time- don't pester her
I thought it was haha. It's been a few days now and I guess but why would you want to meet someone new if you weren't over what you had with someone else? (I recently had a pretty serious break up too but I'm only going ahead with trying to meet people because I'm over it) I'm honestly trying not to bother her but she was just such a genuine, lovely lass.
az08
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Metadane)
I thought it was haha. It's been a few days now and I guess but why would you want to meet someone new if you weren't over what you had with someone else? (I recently had a pretty serious break up too but I'm only going ahead with trying to meet people because I'm over it) I'm honestly trying not to bother her but she was just such a genuine, lovely lass.
You did well in getting the number, but the mistake you made was asking her out 'sometime' and not actually setting a specific day.

Anyway as its already been a few days there is no harm in sending another message, but you need to be straight to the point. "Hey xxx how was your weekend? What's your schedule like for next week, wanna grab that bite to eat?"

Let us know how it goes.
Metadane
Rep:
?
(Original post by az08)
You did well in getting the number, but the mistake you made was asking her out 'sometime' and not actually setting a specific day.

Anyway as its already been a few days there is no harm in sending another message, but you need to be straight to the point. "Hey xxx how was your weekend? What's your schedule like for next week, wanna grab that bite to eat?"

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks, I guess I should have said specifically but she said she wasn't sure about her work rota and also the fact that she came up with an idea as well. I'll see her on the train tomorrow and I'll chat to her if I can. See what happens from there on out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (404)
37.69%
No - but I will (82)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (75)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (511)
47.67%

Watched Threads