Is 2 weeks too soon to go back and see GP? Watch

Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Had neurology appointment on November 10th and was told to increase Pregabalin. Saw GP the following week for more medication and explained what neurology said about increasing medication.

Since then, I've just wanted to vomit. My headaches have increased and I've just wanted to fall asleep all the time. Not that worried about the latter - I know (because I've had it before) it's a common side effect. It is a tad annoying though.

If anything, I've felt worse since upping my medication.

I've got enough left to last me a few more weeks; so that's not an issue.

My main concern is that they're going to stop the Pregabalin and put me on to Topamax, which I've heard some awful things about. We've tried everything else that I can go on. It either doesn't work, stops working after a few weeks or made me feel rather ill. (or ridiculously drowsy)
Anonymous263
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think that it would be fine going to see your GP again, they're there for a reason. If you don't want to go too often maybe try a phone consultation?
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Well, I went back today, which was a waste of time. Can't have Topamax because I don't have migraine. Yes, I know that. But that's what the neurologist said. I do have that in writing now.

She made out that there's nothing wrong physically (even though I've got stuff in my brain that shouldn't be there) and that it's purely mental health issues. The argument being, as ever, is because there's no change in the scan.

Seriously fed up now. Going to have to phone up neurology to see if I'm due to be seen again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (543)
37.79%
No - but I will (112)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (98)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.6%

Watched Threads