What has life after graduation taught you? Watch

kka25
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I think the title explains it all; what has lifer after finishing university taught you that you wouldn't know whilst in university?
jadys10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kka25)
I think the title explains it all; what has lifer after finishing university taught you that you wouldn't know whilst in university?
How to be independent and self study.
arguendo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A year on from graduation, and this past year has taught me that I am resilient; more able than I thought; that I enjoy challenging myself and I am capable of doing things I would never have imagined. Being out of the university bubble totally refocused me and I ended up with a very detailed idea of what I wanted from my career.

I also realised that setbacks aren't the be all and end all - I didn't achieve my initial plan for the year and graduated feeling totally uncertain and not knowing what I was going to do, and every unsuccessful interview had been a knock to my confidence. Within a month of graduating I got an amazing opportunity and everything fell into place

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wimbs
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That you have to make the most of uni! You never get the same social opportunity again as Halls in your 1st year.
Chris22
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Wimbs)
That you have to make the most of uni! You never get the same social opportunity again as Halls in your 1st year.
This! At uni you have a freedom that you'll never have again. Make the most of your uni city, do things that you might not have done before or get the chance to do again, take a risk in this respect from time to time,

Particularly in final year, make the most of every minute you get with people who you won't see a much following graduation. Enjoy the freedom, the independence and being in the final step before entering "the real world".
Mimir
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Life has taught me that the proverbial can hit the fan at any time, so be prepared!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (546)
37.73%
No - but I will (113)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (100)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (688)
47.55%

Watched Threads