Report Thread starter 4 years ago
and why?

Also which is better for pharmacy?
Tyler Bam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here.
Roryy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Im sorry i dont know anything about Leicester, but i know a bit about the lincoln facilities, as i study there. The MPharm course is currently in its first year so it is really still being shaped and you will have a lot of say in your course's direction. The Pharmacy society is also new which links all the school of Pharmacy courses together via socials and other activities. The work load is quite intense for first year, with lots of essays from the start. Not only is the course new, but so are the facilities £14million pounds have just been invested in the new Joesph Banks Laboratories building opened this year, which is situated 1 minute's walk from Pavillions student housing. It is the start of a science park that they are planning on building i believe, there are currently 42 people on the pharmacy course from a range of backgrounds, all of whom, that i have met, have been very friendly. The majority of your lectures are in the JBL building which is 5 mins from the library and it is one of the outer buildings of the buildings so you wont have to go too far to do anything academic!
On the nightlfe aspect, again i only know lincoln, there are about 10 nightclubs and there is always something on in terms of clubs etc, the nights are very student-centric with lots of discounted nights like £1 for a single and the SU organizing lots of events such as, in January, Prof, Green is playing, previously this past couple of months there were the Vengaboys and scouting for girls playing too and that is just at the engine shed. Home arguably the biggest club and on saturdays is always full to the the brim all 4 floors, union is the other night home offers which i think is on a thursday, circles is good for lovedough on mondays, Skint tuesdays at status, Quack on wednesdays at the engine shed, superbull on fridays at pulse is always a highlight. All of the main clubs are like 10mins max from the campus. Superbull is literally 30secs from Danesgate one of the student accomodation sites. Those are the main nights that students tend to go to but there are lots of other ones too. So for a relatively small city Lincoln is very active at night, during the day there is a lot too, between societies, student life and SU activities like visiting comedians etc you are always busy if you want to be Hope this helped somewhat.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (378)
37.31%
No - but I will (77)
7.6%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (487)
48.08%

Watched Threads