Turn on thread page Beta

Always starving in lectures, stomach noises watch

I am a first year university student who gets up at 6am to catch a really early bus every morning. I just try to get ready as quickly as I can, grab a quick coffee and I'm out the door. I'll eat a cereal bar in the bus as well. However, in EVERY single lecture, my stomach goes crazy making hungry noises like 5 or 6 times in a row, it's so annoying I'm pretty sure the people around me must've noticed too and think I'm starving myself or something (not true, lunch is after the lecture, too bad my stomach can't wait until then). Someone suggested eating a Snickers just before because it's quite heavy, I really don't want to be eating junk food that early but what other options have I got?

I need things I can eat on the go that are actually filling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am a first year university student who gets up at 6am to catch a really early bus every morning. I just try to get ready as quickly as I can, grab a quick coffee and I'm out the door. I'll eat a cereal bar in the bus as well. However, in EVERY single lecture, my stomach goes crazy making hungry noises like 5 or 6 times in a row, it's so annoying I'm pretty sure the people around me must've noticed too and think I'm starving myself or something (not true, lunch is after the lecture, too bad my stomach can't wait until then). Someone suggested eating a Snickers just before because it's quite heavy, I really don't want to be eating junk food that early but what other options have I got?

I need things I can eat on the go that are actually filling.
    eat lots of carbs?

ReputationRep:
    Rice cakes are pretty filling and healthy too and fruit and protein/snack bars and if you grab a couple on your way out they should suffice. A piece of fruit is also a good idea like a banana or apple and nuts too.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    X
    This ain't because of food, its because of water.

Timely get water in your system and out, try it tomorrow it'll work. (Carry a water bottle)

(Original post by Enoxial)
    This ain't because of food, its because of water.

Timely get water in your system and out, try it tomorrow it'll work. (Carry a water bottle)
    Yeah I think you could be right actually, on purpose I only drink a sip or two of water in the morning so I don't end up needing the bathroom on the bus. What about if I start drinking half a 500ml bottle before I leave in the morning?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Yeah I think you could be right actually, on purpose I only drink a sip or two of water in the morning so I don't end up needing the bathroom on the bus. What about if I start drinking half a 500ml bottle before I leave in the morning?
    You need continuous supply of water.

Drink a glass when you wake up and a 1.5 glasses after every visit to the restroom.
    (After awhile you'll get the idea of how much water you need for regular visits to the rest room)

(Rep if I was helpful )

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2014
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.